I just ordered my first SVS!

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Garrett Lundy, Jan 31, 2004.

1. Garrett Lundy

Garrett Lundy Producer

The title says it all, I got my federal tax refund and ordered my first SVS, a 20-39pci (I ordered some T-shirts too, but thats besides the point). I would have liked a PB4+, or maybe a pair of SS's, but I also had a VISA debt to pay and I didn't get that much back.

This will replace my RCA 200-watt subwoofer I purchased at Radioshack for $140, which replaced my Kenwood HTiB subwoofer that was destroyed by the 'Ring Drop' from LOTR:FOTR. So this should be my first "Good" subwoofer. Oooh I can't wait.

Now that I think about it, I've wanted an SVS ever since I found the Home Theater Forum. Everybody here just raves about them.....which leads me to believe, the HTF is nothing but a shameless commercial front for SVSubwoofers!

But if my new sub is half as good as people claim it is, there will be no hard feelings.[​IMG]

Now to find the $$$ to upgrade my 27" tv......

2. ChadLB

ChadLB Screenwriter

Garrett,
    It will shock you ......it will put the radioshack to shame.
    I myself went from a 8" kenwood to a 12" Acoustic Research to a SVS 25-31PCi to a 25-31PC+

3. MikeLi

MikeLi Supporting Actor

I went from dual NHT subs that I paid twice the price 2 years ago (maybe even more $$ but can't remember) but my SVS PB2+ blows them out of the water.. not even a close comparison.

4. MartyK

MartyK Agent

On January 31st I pre-ordered my SVS PC-Ultra. This to will be my first SVS sub. Can't wait! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Marty

5. Dan Halchak

Dan Halchak Stunt Coordinator

...now the only killer....waiting!!!!! [​IMG]

Though I'm going through it too until I get my PC+ 20-39. [​IMG]

6. Jesse Sharrow

Jesse Sharrow Supporting Actor

Wow sounds exciting. I cant wait till my birthday.

7. Rogelio D

Rogelio D Agent

Waiting!!

I have ONE day left to wait until my SVS gets here. LOL

BAX seems faster than UPS though!! only 4 days to get here, with two of them being Saturday and Sunday.

woot!!!!

Hang in there.

8. Robert*S

Robert*S Stunt Coordinator

I am in the same holding pattern. I ordered a 22-31PCi Feb 1st and am just waiting. I know it has just been two days but I still check my email every ten minutes! I have already sold my previous sub, a Sony SA-WM40, so now I'm sub-less and it is really strange!
    C'mon SVS!!!!![​IMG]

rob.

9. Mike_J_D

Mike_J_D Stunt Coordinator

You guys will love them. I know I did. You will have to get use to there sound. They are less boomy then other subs. Much more accurate bass. Enjoy...and I have a quick question. I have all hardwood floors in my house. When my SVS hits it rattles everything including my floors. So it makes the sub sound bad....because of the rattling of the floors. Is there anything I can do? I've thought about laying rug in that room. Do you think that will help? Any suggestions would be great. Thanks.

Mike

10. Dan Halchak

Rob, that's rough, you might have a little bit to wait for your PCi as I heard that they were waiting on more ISD woofers for the PCi line. Though I've been waiting on the 525watt BASH amp for the PC+ line... Been waiting since January 16th. [​IMG]

Mike_J_D, laying a rug or cutting out a piece of carpet for it to sit on will help. That will absorb some of the vibrations and things won't tend to rattle as much. Definitely try it, I think you'll be happy with it. The only other thing I know of is to get a thick concrete or marble slab (something you would find in a garden) and put it underneath that should help as well.

11. Chris Grillo

Chris Grillo Stunt Coordinator

Garrett and Robert*S,

I just bought a 25-31PC+ 2 weeks ago and all I can say is WOW this thing is so Strong and clean. You guys are going to love your new sub! It's well worth the wait!! But like Mike_J_D said it may take a little getting use too. but once you do your going to love true accurate bass.

12. JohnGil

JohnGil Stunt Coordinator

Mike, before I had finished my theater room I had my sub in the house which has hardwood floors. I found a 2' x 2' x 2" piece of marble and placed it on the hardwood floor and then the sub on the marble it helped allot. The bass became tighter and the floor did'nt shake nearly as bad. Just one note that piece of marble is very heavy.

13. Mike_J_D

Thanks for the reply Dan & John. I will check my local floor store for the prices. Any other suggestions?

Mike

14. Robert*S

Robert*S Stunt Coordinator

Dan - I am aware of the backorder, I was just hoping by some miracle that the parts would arrive quickly and my sub would ship within a week!
    With the backorder I'm looking at about a two and a half week wait...oh well, things come to those who wait right?

Chris - Thanks for throwing fuel on the fire! [​IMG]
    Now I want my sub even more!

rob.

15. Joe Szott

Joe Szott Screenwriter

I made a very similar move Robert, sm-40 -> 20-39 PC+. You are in for a huge shock, that SVS will knock your socks off. I still can't wait to get home and listen to a DVD or play xbox on that thing, just stunning.

Lovely choice!

Mike_J_D - You might find corkboard as a cheap alternative too. Seems like your floor would shake from the physical connection of the sub to the wood and not the vibration of the sound. You can get a little cube of corkboard at target or Walmart for $4 and even cut it to not show from under the sub. Cork should absorb physical vibrations better than carpet so maybe give it a shot. If it is the sound vibrations that is shaking the floor forget about it, it's going to shake with an SVS in the room [​IMG]

16. Dan Halchak

Robert - I hear ya, two weeks now for me, going to be 3 weeks before I get mine. Great things come to those who wait -- for SVS that is. lol [​IMG] [​IMG]

17. Mike_J_D

Joe thanks for the idea. And I will keep it in mind. But I got some marble from my Mom and it seems to be working great. Also used the anti-slip material that you put under rugs to,

A. Protect my floor

B. Absorb more of the vibrations

So this combo seems to be working. Sorry Garrett, didn't mean jack your thread. Enjoy your SVS. What a company.

Mike

18. Garrett Lundy

Garrett Lundy Producer

I'll enjoy it if it ever shows up.... I hate backorders.

But I don't hate backorders enought to cancel my SVS and buy something locally [​IMG]