I just joined the Klipsch Klub...YIPPIE!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by DanSt, Aug 8, 2001.

1. DanSt

DanSt Stunt Coordinator

That's right! I am a full Klipsch convert now. I went from Boston Acoustics to a whole Ref 7 setup. I am not saying that my BA's were bad, but that the Klipsch kicks its butt in EVERY way [​IMG] . My system is now:
    Denon 5800
    Klipsch RF-7 L/R
    Klipsch RC-7 C
    Klipsch RS-7 Rears and Sides (EX/ES)
    SVS 20-39PC
    I don't even know where to start on this. My soundstage is HUGE now. IMO it sounds better then any of the theaters in my town. I now realize what I was missing in sound. My Boston's sounded so shallow and small. The Klipsch sound full and reproduce the sound the way I like it. The RF-7's added such depth to everything. It sounds good from high to low. It also compliments my SVS VERY well. I am noticing new sounds that weren't there before. It's like watching my movies for the first time again.
    The RC-7 sounds equally as awesome. My BA's never sounded truely timbre matched. With the REF-7's the front soundstage is seemless. You could never tell the RC-7 was a different speaker. It's as detailed and full sounding as the RF-7's.
    The surrounds were the best surprise of them all. I orignally had BA VRS dipoles. I like dipoles very much, but also wanted to tell where the sound was coming from (kind of like a mix of a dipole and monopole). The BA's sound would tend to smear into each other (It would sound like the speakers were confused...does that make sense?). I hated it because I could never tell where the sound was supposed to be. The RS-7's provided the exact sound I wanted. I could tell where the sound was coming from, but it sounded like it enveloped the side of my room and the sound never invades the other speakers territory (like a movie theater).
    I have to give the REF-7 series a whole hearted 100 out of 10. Everyone needs to take a listen to these. You will NOT be disappointed.
    PS-Sorry if I sound like I trying to sell them. I am just so happy to have these awesome speakers. I wanted Klipsch speakers even before I bought my BA's, but couldn't afford them. I loved the Legend series when they were first released. I wanted them so bad, but settled on the BA's as I liked their sound better then everything else I heard at the time (except the Klipsch) and they fit my budget. Now I have to say the REF-7 series takes the cake over everything else I have listened to...PERIOD...IMO [​IMG] .
    PSS-I will work on getting some pictures up soon. I have to do it the old fashioned way (no digital camera).
    ------------------
    ...transmission terminated...
    Anubis
    [email protected]

2. Scott McGillivray

Scott McGillivray Supporting Actor

Congratulations and welcome to the club! It is always great to hear a new "members" enthusiasm about the Klipsch product. I know I was gushing for weeks when I bought my monster La Scala's (part of the Heritage series). I also picked up the RC-3 center channel, but now seeing your RC-7 makes me think it may be time to upgrade! Have fun and again, welcome to the club! [​IMG]
    ------------------
    Scott A. McGillivray
    Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan
    "Who is this that darkens my counsel with words without knowledge?
    Brace yourself like a man; I will question you,
    and you shall answer me." - God
    Scott's HT Gear

3. Scott McGillivray

Scott McGillivray Supporting Actor

Oh...one more thing if I may ask. What did you pay for the RC-7? If I am going to upgrade, I would be curious to know.
    Thanks!
    ------------------
    Scott A. McGillivray
    Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan
    "Who is this that darkens my counsel with words without knowledge?
    Brace yourself like a man; I will question you,
    and you shall answer me." - God
    Scott's HT Gear

4. DanSt

DanSt Stunt Coordinator

This is going to sound bad, but I don't know the exact price. The dealer gave me a "Package Deal" and my receipt lists the msrp's with the pkg price discount below the msrp's. So I really don't know the exact price of any one speaker itself.
    ------------------
    ...transmission terminated...
    Anubis
    [email protected]

5. AaronNWilson

AaronNWilson Second Unit

Congrats on your new speakers. I would love to have RF 7s but I just bought RF 3s a few months ago, so I think I'll have to wait a while yet before I upgrade. Which colour did you go for? The cherry looks awesome on those speakers.
    Aaron

6. Richard Burzynski

Richard Burzynski Second Unit

DanSt:
    "I really don't know the exact price of any one speaker itself."
    (1) Take your total discount $ and divide it by total MSRP $. This gives you your discount %.
    (2) Multiply the discount % (from step 1) by the MSRP of your Center Speaker. This gives you discount $ off your center speaker.
    (3) Subtract discount $ (from step 2) from MSRP $ (center speaker) and this gives you the paid price of your center channel speaker.
    Rich B.