What's new

I just had to say I like "Dancer in the Dark" a lot! (1 Viewer)

Yumi

Stunt Coordinator
[SIZE=no]Hi!you guys!
What time is it in your area while it is 6:37pm here in Beijing,China?
:)
I'd like to say it is a lot of fancy of movies that brings me here.I had to say I am so happy being here!
I downloaded some movies.One of them is "Dancer in the Dark".I liked it a lot,especially the music and Bjork's songs in the movie what I think it is the most atrractive part to me.
I couldn't get the whole idea of this movie.Because I couldn't see some scenes for some reasons.But as to the part what I've seen, there are two scenes that have given me deep impression.One is Bjork was on her first night-shift. She was sunk in deep love of music,even the rhythm
made by the machines.Then she enjoyed them amd danced...
The other is really a sad part.She killed Bill though she wouldn't like to do that.Then music rised.Listening to the music quietly,I was deeply touched!
I haven't known the end of this movie.But one of my friend told me that it is really sad.So maybe I just got the best parts of this movie.It's enough, right?:)[/SIZE]

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
Welcome Yumi, you may want to use "spoiler tags" when discussing vital points of any movie.
Although I found Bjork an okay actress in this, I hated the fact that

the cinematography of the dream sequences, I would have preferred something decipherable from reality to non-reality

I didn't care much for the last 1/4 of the film, which maybe you could comment on when you have seen it.

Ryan Peter

Screenwriter
Zen, what are you talking about? The reality/dream sequences are totally distinct in look and cinematography. Unless I'm not understanding your critique...

Randall Dorr

Second Unit
About the time the DVD came out(March 2001), there was a great thread on Dancer in the Dark. HTF doesn't have it anymore, but did any von Trier fan out there manage to save it?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks