What's new

I just got stood up by an ISF tech. in Austin, TX (1 Viewer)

Greg Risley

Second Unit
I made an appointment to get my Zenith projector, calibrated and converged, about 2 weeks ago, with a local company by the name of CST. An hour and half before he's supposed to be here I get a call from his secratary asking if I could do this another day, that he was working on something that he needed to finish. When I said no because I had taken the day off from work she then checks with him in the background and comes back and says he just can't do it today. Now I'm out a days pay because he obviously is catering to one of his bigger clients and my simple needs are not his concern. I am damn sure if the situation was reversed and he would have showed up and I wasn't here, I would be recieving a bill for his time. You know I am a fairly reasonable man and if he would have called last night even, I would have understood and could have made arrangements, but this is highly unprofessional. I run a charter airline and I certainly could not do this to my clients. Sorry to vent but I've got some free time on my hands now thanks to this crap.
Greg
P.S. My father is here right now with the blueprints to his new 8,000 sqf home he's having built, guess his custom installer list just narrowed down by one. There is poetic justice some time.

Matt_R

Stunt Coordinator
You have every reason to be ticked off -- As a consultant, I too only get paid for the time I work... I would send HIM a bill for YOUR rate!

Chad Anson

Second Unit
That stinks! Make sure he understands that his unprofessional conduct cost him future work down the road.
I had a hard time finding a good ISF tech in Austin. I ended up participating in one of Louis Carliner's Texas trips. I asked Louis if he would recommend anyone locally and he said that the folks at Bjorn's in San Antonio are very highly regarded. It wouldn't hurt to give them a ring. Check out http://www.isfcalibration.com
[Edited last by Chad Anson on July 12, 2001 at 11:44 AM]

Greg Risley

Second Unit
Thanks Chad I will give Bjorns a ring. Now its just working out when I can swap days off again.
Greg

Andrea W

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Andrea Whitlock
I can highly recommend Bjorn's. Although I haven't used their ISF services, I've been a customer for about 10 years. And if you have any complaints or suggestions, talk to Bjorn himself. He's very interested in keeping his customers happy.
------------------
http://darius.mobius-soft.com/~andrea/ht/

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
DELICATE GENIUS', It's all about them isn't it? You should send him a bill for your missed pay.
Rich
biggrin.gif

------------------
"A) You can never go too far and B) If I'm going to get busted it is NOT going to be by a guy like DAT."
My Website

Greg Risley

Second Unit
Yes CST is the one that held the demo. I even remember them saying that no job was to small, that they prided themselves on their service. What a load.
Greg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks