I just got my 100th HD DVD!!!

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
That's amazing! Congratulations, you own more HD DVDs than there are actual BD-titles on the market.

Cees

dkny75

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Danny
I've watched about 80 of them. I'm trying to keep up since I failed miserably when it came to my standard DVD collection.

Peter Overduin

Supporting Actor
LMAO dkny!!.....you admit failure in keeping up to watching what you buy in SD...so your redemption cometh in the form of buying into a new format so you can do better this time??!!

On behalf of all of us - I think - I forgive you my brother and wish you all the strength the force can give you so that you may not fail again.

Otherwise...you may have to show truer pennance by getting BD and starting all over again!

May the HT God's be with you.

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann

I feel lowley with my collection. I have a lot of buying to do to catch up.

Mike~Sileck

Supporting Actor
lol so..I have 2 HD-DVD's. (3 once I get King Kong for free with my 360's HD-DVD Drive). Wow .. apparently I'm way behind.

I was unaware there are even 100 out yet!!!

Nevertheless, quite a feat in itself .. and if you don't like any of them, feel free to PM me, I can take them off your hands - its like no charge recycling!! (only kidding!)

Go watch those last 20!

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Congrats! That's incredible...

....and I was just starting to feel pretty smug about
the fact that I have reached 30 HD-DVD titles.

EnricoE

Supporting Actor
hmm ... i just ordered 9 @ ddd and 3 from amazon + the free king kong from xbox hd-dvd drive. that makes 14 hd-dvds and i don't even have a player. but on the other hand i should be able to watch them when i get my drive and the movies arive in time

to bad i have to pass some goodies from sony, fox and disney due to the lack of their hd-dvd support

AaronSCH

Second Unit
Real Name
Aaron Schneiderman
Congratulations! It feels good to know there are others with a sicker obsession than me. My collection stands at 81 (a few purchased that still have me scratching my head) and 19 on order. It's really a shame that some studios don't wanna pick our pockets.

DeeF

Screenwriter
I have 9. 1 from Paramount (Reds), 1 from Universal (Spartacus), and 7 from Warner Brothers, including my favorite disk, The Searchers.

By Tuesday, I'll have 3 more (Forbidden Planet, Casablanca, Mutiny on the Bounty) making my grand total 12.

I have 2,400 DVDs, and I've bought about 100 in the last few months, including Astaire/Rogers, Bogart Signature Collection2, Brando set, Great Masterpieces set, etc.

Dave>h

Second Unit
Damn, 100?!?!

Honestly, I didn't think there were that many out there. Makes my meager 10 or so look miniscule by comparison. How bad is that, i don't even actually know how many I own...

Dve

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
It's rather funny....

Most of us said at the beginning that we would not be
replacing most of our DVD collection with the same HD-DVD titles.....

....but it's already happening.

I really enjoy the difference that HD-DVD has made in my
overall viewing experience.

DeeF

Screenwriter
I am *trying* not to re-buy stuff. But I couldn't resist The Searchers, Robin Hood, or Spartacus.

My other titles are newer movies that I never owned on DVD.

dkny75

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Danny
Well I definitely wasn't one of the "most". Honestly I have no problems with re-buying movies since no matter how bad the transfer is they still look and sound better than their sd counterparts. Besides, I just trade them in pick up more HD DVDs.

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann

Ronald, like my LD's before, all of my SD's that I replace with HD's end up going to my daughter. Come to think of it, so did my old SD's when I replaced them with Special Editions.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Real Name
Clint
With 9 HD titles on my shelf, I thought I was doing good. There are 3 or 4 more current available which I want and maybe another 3 or 4 which are on the upcoming release list.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
els