What's new

I just got a new amp!! (1 Viewer)

EarleD

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Earle Decker
I just bought a used Acurus A250 and couldnt be more pleased. I am using a Denon 3802 as my receiver and it sounds great for movies, but when using the analog direct mode for music listening the mains are run full range and at louder volumes the amps were starting to clip.

After the Acurus was put into the system music listening has taken on a new life. The lowend is much tighter and crisper. The amp seems to match great with my Klispch KG 4.2's. I use to have a B&K 2220 reference amp that was rated at 220 watts/channel and sounded good, but the Acurus's 250 watts/channel sounds amazing.

I havent watched any movies with the new amp yet, and truthfully I'm not expecting any huge gains, as I run all speakers as small and let the subs handle the bass. I am going to experiment with setting the mains to large and see what happens.

I highly recommend this amp for a music system and I'm sure it will sound great with HT.

Earle

Mark Austin

Supporting Actor
It's great to hear you like your new amp. I have heard nothing but good things about Acurus.
I wonder if this thread will turn out like the last subjective opinion on a separate amp?
betty_fire_green.gif

EarleD

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Earle Decker
What thread was that?

My opinion on a amps sound quality is the same as mine on cables sound quality, if you like the sounds of your equipment, then thats really all that counts.

Craig Ball

Second Unit
Thats great to hear, I have two Acurus A200x3 amps running my Klipsch speaks too. I love them.

Craig

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks