I just found some BPD1803's for sale!

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Jeremy Wolf, Dec 5, 2003.

1. Jeremy Wolf

Jeremy Wolf Auditioning

It's been a long time since i posted on here. In fact it's been so long that my account disapeared and i had to re-register.

I've been looking to do a new sub setup and tried searching for some blue print 1803's only to find out they were no longer made [​IMG]

After doing a whole lot of looking though I found a place that looks like they bought out the remaing stock of Blue print and is making the 1803's again!. Here is the e-mail they sent me.

--------------------------------------------------------
    Thanks for the inquiry Jeremy. When we initially bought out the remaining stock of the Blueprint subs, there were not any 1803s available. We have had many inquiries reagarding them over the past few months and decided to do something about it. We worked with the OEM company that BPD used and bought up the remaining stock of motors and decided to build a better version of the classic 1803.
    The specs for the AL 1804 are:
    Fs 26.3 Hz
    Re 3.6 Ohms
    Qms 6.06
    Qes .40
    Qts .37
    Cms 1.1X10-4
    Mms 326 g
    Sd 1210 cm^2
    Vas 230.1 l
    Bl 22.1
    Xmax 25.9mm
    Rms 1000W

We are currently selling them at $260 including shipping in the
    continental US.

Thank you,
    Nic
    [email protected]
    Audio Liquidators

I'm thinking about buying two of these bad boys to dominate my house. They would nicely compliment my 3 linkwitz transformed audiobahn alum 12's. I bet i'd blow the circuit breaker though. I can already dim the house lights when my system is up.

2. Geoff L

Geoff L Screenwriter

Which Bahns are you running, what size, and the alignment used.

Also what are you powering them with....

Just a curious qestion as I've played with some of the older Alum-SQ 12 & 15" series and they model petty decent...

3. Rory Buszka

Rory Buszka Supporting Actor

Audiobahns are TC Sounds drivers, for the most part. TC Sounds also makes the SVS dB12 and TV12 drivers, as well as the Stryke HE15, AV12, and AV15. They are an innovative company with a very fine product line. The company Blueprint used for their OEM was FRC soundworks, which is now known as Destijl Engineering. They don't seem to have a website (which is a disappointment since FRC Soundworks did) but I think they build the SVS Original and ISD woofers, but they are an XBL^2 Technology licensee and I think they build the Tumult and possibly the Brahma. I am glad to see that the 1803 is back in production.

4. ThomasW

ThomasW Cinematographer

HERE's a link to the new Destijl Engineering (aka Resonant Engineering) website

5. Mark gas

Mark gas Second Unit

6. Geoff L

Geoff L Screenwriter

I belive some of Bahns are.

Maybe someone a little closer to the inside can clear this up and or confirm.

Also TC-Sounds OEM's a number of Eclipse's driver line, I belive...

I also heard some of M-Audio's big dollar cast basket, big X-max drivers come threw FRC-Sound Distijl's-(sp) house.

Can someone confirm or trash these rumors?

7. Marv

Marv Stunt Coordinator

I have two Audiobahn subs, a Alum15 and a 1805x both have a "Made In China" sticker on them if that means anything.

-Marv

8. Frank Carter

Frank Carter Screenwriter

I have a single Alum10X sitting in my closet that works but it doesn't sound too godd since the basket is all cracked from Fedex not playing with it nicely. I'm not really too sure what to do with it.

Thanks for the info on the Blueprint subs.

9. ThomasW

ThomasW Cinematographer

Frank

I've used JB Weld to successfully repair cracked cast frames. Just be careful when you attach the drivers to the baffle or the epoxy will crack

10. Frank Carter

Thanks Thomas...what exactly is JB Weld and is it something available at places like Home Depot or Lowes?

11. ThomasW

ThomasW Cinematographer

Frank

Yeap it's a brand of high strength epoxy available at most home center/hardware stores.

12. Jeremy Wolf

Jeremy Wolf Auditioning

Which Bahns are you running, what size, and the alignment used.

Also what are you powering them with....

Just a curious qestion as I've played with some of the older Alum-SQ 12 & 15" series and they model petty decent...

My setup is 3 audiobahn Alum 12's each in it's own 1.1 cu ft box. That give them a .707 alignment.

The amp I was using was a Crown CE2000 which I have since sold due to money reasons. I should be getting another one here shortly. I alos sold my ce1000 because of money too [​IMG]

They do model really good and have worked great in my linkwitz transform setup.

At 20hz I have measured the level to be about 105 db at seating position. The highest I have ever metered the subs at when cranking was around 130 db at 45 hz.

13. John_MackieBass

John_MackieBass Stunt Coordinator

Hmm...i'll probably be selling my XXX to get somthing a little less power hungry. Ive got 1400rms on tap from my mackie 1400i...that sub looks like a pretty nice replacement for the XXX18!

winisd doesnt post up good looking response for low tuning...hrmm..

14. Wayne Ernst

Wayne Ernst Cinematographer

Frank,

You can even find JB-Weld at Wal-Mart of all places. They sell it in the automotive section. It is sold in a 2 tube pack. You have to mix the two parts together - kind of like epoxy.

15. Frank Carter

Thomas and Wayne,

Thank you for your help. I already picked some up yesterday while at Home Depot, I haven't tried it out yet. I just never imagined something like this woud be strong enough.

16. Dan Hine

Dan Hine Screenwriter

Frank,

I've used JB Weld, ThomasW suggested it to me as well, on some drivers that were also mistreated during shipping. The stuff worked great and the drivers performed flawless for almost a year now. Rest assured that you'll be good to go.