What's new

I just found an optical input on my stereo...but (1 Viewer)

ryan_x

Stunt Coordinator
Ive had my sony(MHC-ZX30AV) mini system for about a year now and the whole time i didnt realize that it had an optical input at the back(it was covered by a peice of tape) but it never mentions anything in the instructions about hooking your dvd up to it it says that it is used for copying cd's to an MD deck....should there be a problem?...or should i run out to future shop tommrow and buy a optical cable so i can hook it up to my xbox with the AV pack

Hugh M

Second Unit
well, if you use the MD input to playback the xbox audio you should be fine... But this will only increase quality, won't give you 5.1 sound or anything more than using dual RCA jacks or whatever you are using now. You would need a 5.1 capable receiver for that.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Yeah i agree with mark, im thinking its an optical out ratther than an in... Unless the Minisystem has a CDBurner on it, or MD writer, or has Dolby Digital/DTS Decoding...

Be sure to check it again...

AndyVX

Supporting Actor
If the manual says that it's used for coping CD's to MD, then it is 100% an optical output, to connect to the optical input on MD recorders.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks