What's new

I just finished LOTR, bring on the rest of the movies!! (1 Viewer)

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
After starting reading Lord of the Rings in September, 2001, I have finially finished reading the last page of the saga. Although I haven't read the appendices yet, what exactly are in them, they seem to go into detail the history of the hobbits, their language and stuff.
Did anybody else notice how quickly it all ended? Seemed to me the conclusion of their quest was like Poof, done, over.. I had to stop and reread it to make sure what just happened, actually happened!! :) Didn't seem to have this one huge battle and just some miracle happens, the quest is achieved, but I guess that is just too much hollywood influence, eh?
Anyway, can't see how the people who compare Smeagol to Jar Jar have any grounds to stand on if you have finished the Two Towers and the Return of the King. He is very very pivotal in both the books.
Now there's a stack of books in my room that I've put off til I finished this one.. and another pile of magazines too.
Jay

Julie K

Screenwriter
I read LOTR a couple of years ago. I wasn't real fond of it, but I did really enjoy the movie even if I didn't think it lived up to Jackson's earlier works. Oh well, I have another literary obsession of my own :)

Micah Lloyd

Stunt Coordinator
I was only able to get through the trilogy on the third try. I finished them only a month ago, too. I enjoyed the movies much more than the books which is very unlike me...

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I read the books last summer for the first time...and I've already re-read Fellowship a couple times and TTT once, as well as some of the History of Middle-Earth books. Damn good stuff.

I remember after finishing ...I thought, "Hey...I never need to get a new book again...I can just keep re-reading this!"

Brian Kleinke

Supporting Actor
Now check out the Lost Tales, and The Silmarillion for more on Middle Earth. The Silmarillion is the more "finished" of the two, and both contain lots of stories Tolkien wrote about Middle Earth. I really liked Of Lothien and Lorien (I think that's the title) in the Silmarillion, and if you like that check out the epic poem version in #3 of the History of Middle Earth.
Don't worry there's lots more to read :) And it will only help improve your understanding of LotR.
Brian

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks