I just bought Bose 201 Series IV @ Best Buy for $90

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Paul_Fisher, Dec 28, 2001.

1. Paul_Fisher

Paul_Fisher Screenwriter

Dec 27, 2001

This is my first post and unfortunately I found this site after I bought a pair of Bose 201 Series IV speakers at Best Buy for $90. They were half off so I thought they would be a good deal. I've been reading some of your all posts about how you hate Bose. First of all, I just wanted some decent front speakers for my Kenwood HT. I'm in college and don't have a big budget for good speakers. Do you all think this was a good buy? Could I have gotten better speakers for $100? I'm going to save some money and buy the JBL NSP? set that I keep reading about here. Then I will probably move the Bose speakers to the rear. Is anybody here mad at me???

Paul Fisher
  2. Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield Executive Producer

Dec 16, 1998
    If you shop around online you can find the JBL N24's for almost the same money as the Bose 201's. The N24's are the mains and surrounds for the NSP package, so they would fit in better with your long range plan. You can just add another pair of N24's, the matching center and a subwoofer at a later date (or dates). Best Buy's price on the N24's is very high in comparison to several online sites.

I am using two pair of N24's for a music-only application in my basement recreation room (purchased for about $200 total). I also used to own a pair of Bose 201's as rear speakers several years ago. The JBL's are much better speakers for the price.