What's new

I Just Blew My Speakers And I Think I May Have"botttomed out" My Sub! (1 Viewer)

John Sturge

Stunt Coordinator
:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
NOTICE : Originally this was unreadable due to its mindless rambling and extreme amounts of cursing. It has been changed after looking on the bright side of things.
Apocalyspe Now Redux, be careful with that movie. The sound and bass can make grown men cry!
I decided to play Apocalyspe Now Redux over my usual reference level. Probably over 100db's this time around? Usually it's the one suggested by Video Essentials. Anyway, when the scene where they napalm the forest to rid the mortar fire...it hit.
Loud pop, garble, and then nothing. Can't make them work, even after waiting. The one year old Sunfire sub clacked and stopped. Which means It probably bottomed, but it still kinda works. My SVS sub was not hurt in the accident and is "safely" presiding in my dorm room.
Jmlab Cobalt's suck :angry: . So does Sunfire. Window shopping for speakers no more.
It's time to shop for speakers.
Swan Diva's baby!!!!

Brett DiMichele

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brett
No speaker is immune to damage at refrence levels..

It sucks, move on and perhaps turn the volume down or

we will be reading a post like this again when you

shoot the Diva's drivers through the wall.

Sorry to hear about your loss.

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
Dude, that sucks. I too would have had lots of ramble and extreme cussing. As was said be careful with your new speakers.

RichardH

Supporting Actor
Sounds like you should be looking into pro amps and PA style speakers with 100dB sensitivty ratings....

Your ears will give up before the speakers.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks