What's new

I just achieved a new level of stupidity. (1 Viewer)

Robert_Z

Screenwriter
I just bought some stuff on eBay, but I accidently paid the wrong person using paypal (soneone I just bought a speaker from last week). I am such an idiot. I felt like Spike in those old Tom and Jerry cartoons, where Spike is chasing Tom, then Tom baits Spike into fetching a stick, and Spike chases the stick, then as soon as Spike realizes what he's done, he sees himself as a "donkey." I am such an idiot.:frowning:

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
Well, yes, you are :). Used to be one of my fears. But now it's easy to eliminate this potential problem - let PAYPAL find your Ebay auctions. Select "Try Auction Finder". All your auctions will show up, even those whose sellers don't accept PAYPAL. You can just delete those (do it first).
As for getting out of your error - ask the guy if he'll refund your money. He can do so without incurring a fee if it's done within a specified time period (used to be 14 days). You never know, he might be a good egg.

KyleS

Screenwriter
Ask the person to reject the payment for you and explain the situation and hopefully they are an honest person. Oh yeah I almost forgot YES you are at a new level of stupidity. ;)
KyleS

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
if he hasn't accepted it yet I think you can cancel the payment, but some people (like me..) auto accept payments, look through paypal's help section, I'm sure it'll say how.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks