I just achieved a new level of stupidity.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Robert_Z, Nov 13, 2002.

1. Robert_Z

Robert_Z Screenwriter

I just bought some stuff on eBay, but I accidently paid the wrong person using paypal (soneone I just bought a speaker from last week). I am such an idiot. I felt like Spike in those old Tom and Jerry cartoons, where Spike is chasing Tom, then Tom baits Spike into fetching a stick, and Spike chases the stick, then as soon as Spike realizes what he's done, he sees himself as a "donkey." I am such an idiot.[​IMG]

2. alan halvorson

alan halvorson Cinematographer

Well, yes, you are [​IMG]. Used to be one of my fears. But now it's easy to eliminate this potential problem - let PAYPAL find your Ebay auctions. Select "Try Auction Finder". All your auctions will show up, even those whose sellers don't accept PAYPAL. You can just delete those (do it first).
    As for getting out of your error - ask the guy if he'll refund your money. He can do so without incurring a fee if it's done within a specified time period (used to be 14 days). You never know, he might be a good egg.

3. KyleS

KyleS Screenwriter

Ask the person to reject the payment for you and explain the situation and hopefully they are an honest person. Oh yeah I almost forgot YES you are at a new level of stupidity. [​IMG]
    KyleS

4. BrettB

BrettB Producer

Here, let me give you my email address
    [​IMG]

5. Philip_G

Philip_G Producer

if he hasn't accepted it yet I think you can cancel the payment, but some people (like me..) auto accept payments, look through paypal's help section, I'm sure it'll say how.

6. Robert_Z

Robert_Z Screenwriter

He was wonderful enough to refund my payment. Whew.[​IMG]