What's new

I hope they release the Alvin show on DVD (1 Viewer)

Steve_Z

Stunt Coordinator
I request whoever who the rights to the "Alvin show", to release it on DVD. That cartoon show was great. Especially Clyde Crasscup.

Paul Miller

Supporting Actor
Who exactly owns the various Alvin & Chipmunks shows? I'd like to get the 80s version of DVD eventually.

Paul

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
The Christmas Special is on DVD but only available at their official website for a too high price for such little content.

Steve_Z

Stunt Coordinator
I think the 60's and 80's versions I owned by different companies. I think the 60's version is owned by the same company that owns Mr. Magoo.

Mark To

Supporting Actor
The Alvin Show had at least one or two songs in each episode so it could be a licensing nightmare. Not sure about whether or not the songs were so old that maybe they are public domain or not.

Paul Sandhu

Supporting Actor
I wouldn't mind seeing this on DVD. I grew up on the 80s version, I still remember the Alvin and the Chipmunks go the Movies and the various episodes that ran for years. I loved the Back to the Future spoof and Batman spoofs.

Does anyone remember the VHS' that were released about 10 years ago that were like music videos?

Mark To

Supporting Actor
The 1960s show and the 1980s one were vastly different. The Alvin Show ran in prime time and was similar to Rocky and Bullwinkle in that it was done for both adults and kids. It worked on two levels and was written intelligently enough that an adult could enjoy it. The 1980s show was done by the creators son and was stricktly for the 10 and under crowd.

Steve_Z

Stunt Coordinator
Though the Alvin and the Chipmunks cartoons of the 60's were very good. Clyde Crasscup cartoons were the real stars of that show in my opinion.

If they just relesed every Clyde Crasscup cartoon, I be very happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks