What's new

I hope I did you proud today (1 Viewer)

Mike Hutman

Supporting Actor
Today, I went into my local Wal-Mart to buy Lord Of The Rings.Well while I was cashing out, some guy came up and ask the cashier What the difference is between Wide Screen and Full Screen. All the lady at the register said was Wide Screen has those black bars, and full fits your whole T.V. Now being a member here I could not let this guy go thinking that was it, That one had black bars and one doesn't. So I threw my two cents in. I told him that in full Screen you lose a chunk of the movie. That they cut the sides of your movie up to fit your screen. Then I told him that those black bars make your screen, well wider. So you can see the movie the way it was suppose to be seen. He just kind of looked at me, so I just told him that wider is better.
I am not the best at explaining things, and we did not have the time to sit down and talk about it. I think that the 20 seconds we had, I did my best. Anyway he bought the Wide Screen version. I hope I did my fellow HTFers proud today.

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
People simply won't get the idea until two things happen...1) they see what the difference is like on some of those websites that specifically show the differences using the same frame in different formats (and when one of us shows us a wallet sized card from somewhere like www.widescreenadvocate.com) or 2) when the nation changes over to HDTV and 16:9 TV's are the norm. Then when they go to play their full frame DVD's, they will wonder why they don't fill the screen even though they say full screen on the box.

Brad M

Second Unit
:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: I hope he didn't own a widescreen tv. :D
I got my boss to go widescreen. He in turn got two other employees to do so. The way they look at it is, "well, I'm buyin' a widescreen tv soon. I'd hate to rebuy the same movie." Whatever, it works for me.
Good job!

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Use the dollar bill method. Full Bill "This is widescreen" Fold in half "This is fullscreen" any questions?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks