What's new

I heard the Martin Logan Descent subwoofer yesterday... (1 Viewer)

Keir H

Second Unit
Not a review but just wanted to know if anyone else has heard it or better yet own it? Just browsing around in Tweeter noticed it in a corner so I put in Toy Story 2....unfortunately, the Tweeter guys failed to calibrate it properly. Aside from that, WOW! Something is definitely not right with my setup at home I was soon thinking when the intro credit screen came up. You know the one, the logo screen I believe everyone knows it by. I have a 22-31 CS but it is underpowered I think with only a 120watt amp. Small room but I never got the room shakes that this scene does for everyone else with a similar config. OF course the Descent is much more expensive ($2500 or so) too but geesh...the lights in the theater room clattered and the couch I had my hand on over 10ft away! :) They had it up way too much nonetheless because even though it shook everything, it sounded a bit loose too and rumbly. I was impressed of what it could do though in this 28x16x10 ft rm. Nice design too. Just thought I mention my experience on that. Now I have to get another amp or driver perhaps. I get the rumble but not much pant leg flap of window shake...I'm happy with my SVS but back to the calibration drawing board to see what I am doing wrong. :frowning:
Oh! Monster Inc. clip: I did not realize how much bass was in the beginning narrating sequence just before the Monsters knock! THat is one great sub that is not often talked about on here.

Miles_W

Second Unit
Keir,

I had the occassion to demo one at home for a weekend last year. The thing has more output at lower levels than any other subwoofer I have heard. I was unable to get the volume knob above 2... It shook my projector off the table in the Toy Story 2 opening sequence... In my system I could not quite get it dialed in... shame really, it is a spectacular piece of equipment. For reference my sub is a Servo 15... volume at just lower than half way...

Miles

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks