What's new

I haven't written one in a while, but a new one from my girflriend (1 Viewer)

Ricky T

Supporting Actor
Rich,

Your posts about your GF are hilarious! Keep them coming.

I met my wife of 3 years at Yale (I went to SOM). In regards to support of my hobby, she:
- prefers WS over FS (for the wider detail/picture)
- puts up with my constant upgrading
- has never ever told me to turn it down (she likes it louder than me!)
- hates going to the movie theaters :)
- loves our Toshiba 56H80 16x9 HDTV
- likes the way my monstrous NHT 3.3s look; she even objected when I offered to downscale them to something smaller :)

My next step is convincing her to let me sell the TV she likes so much so we can get a projector :D

We should meet (I'm in Teaneck, my wife works at Columbia)...maybe my wife can *help bring* your GF over to the darkside in the future :)

Tim Hoover

Screenwriter
Get her a DVD player that allows zooms in playback. I still can't figure out why all anamorphic DVDs aren't P&S encoded (at least set to the center of the image) for those who refuse to see the light
Craig - she may already have one. I'll have to check. BTW, the reason P&S on the fly isn't implemented more appears to be quality reasons from the studios.

Adam_Reiter

Second Unit
Hey Rich, you should post of pic of you and your girlfriend together. I would love to be able to put a face on these conversations. Your G/F is too funny!:D

Rich Wenzel

Supporting Actor
Adam,

You know, I dont even have a picture of her...Well I do...the one that she gave me for christmas and made me put it where anyone who even comes near my place can see it...funny thing is, she doesnt look anything like that...hell she was 16 when she took that picture and her hair is done up in curls and stuff and i have never seen her hair like that...If she hadnt given it to me, and i just saw it, i wouldnt have known it was her...i mean i could tell if i really look....

as for me, i also dont have any pictures of me...i hate having my picture taken....but ill see what i can do...

hmmm, i do have one idea...ill see what i can do.

Ricky,
while I would be open to the idea, she would never do that...she would think that its too weird to meet people via the internet...she is a little nutty and ultra conservative...give you an example

Me: Let me hold your hand
Her: We are in public!
Me: Huh
Her: Thats inappropriate!!!
Me: Huh
Her: We are not married, we can't hold hands in public, people will think we are married and we are not...that would be so inappropriate
Me (staring blankly at her): Huh
Her: You heard me
Me (she was actually born and lived in Taiwan until she was 8): How long have you been in this country?
Her: I don't know, 16 years
Me: You do realize people in this country commonly hold hands in public and it just means that they are together, not married, not enaged, just together?
Her: That's inappropriate. i will not hold hands in public with a man until im married to him.
Me: sigh, thats sad
Her: Why?
Me: Ill never get to hold your hand in public.
Her (you know that look of disgust chinese women make in those bad (or even good) kung-fu movies, where they look at something rather than the person they are disgusted with because that person is not worth looking at? well i get that look): Whatever

So then, I patted her ass twice and ran like the little fat kid from the school bully...it was funny watching her try and catch me...

Rich

Ricky T

Supporting Actor
Rich,

I meant that you and I can meet first (and maybe the ladies much further down the road); we could say we met at one of the NYC Audio stores. And hey, I understand what you meant about Taiwanese women...I've dated two...one got upset when I wore a baseball cap backwards all day.....she said I looked like a young punk..hey, what's wrong with that :D. And we were at the beach.....:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks