I Have Turion 'Mobile Technology'- What Can I Do With It?

Discussion in 'Computers' started by James Edward, Feb 1, 2006.

1. James Edward

James Edward Supporting Actor

I just bought a laptop (Compaq V2570NR), and it has AMD's Turion mobile processing feature, along with a wireless card.

What exactly can I do with these? I'm figuring the wireless card enables me to receive data if I have a home wireless network, but what about the 'mobile processing'?

If anyone can shed light, I'd appreciate it. I initially bought the laptop to program remotes, but figure I may be able to avail myself of these other features...

Thanks for any replies.

2. Lance_R

Lance_R Stunt Coordinator

Basically you get nothing extra. The mobile processing uses less battery power. So if anything you should get a few extra minutes out of your battery.
    Turion is AMD's version of Intel's Centrino.

3. JasonWW

JasonWW Agent

It's basically a lidless Athlon 64. It runs at a much lower voltage and produces 25w-35w of heat max. So it is very conservative in power usage as well as runs very cool. It's supossedly better than the Intel Centrino as far as power vs. consumption. It can also throttle itself down when it has no load on it, again making the battery last longer.

Don't worry, you got a good CPU. Some folks are even putting the Turion in their desktops to make a silent PC.