What's new

I have to Praise ---> Def Tech CLR2300 Center (1 Viewer)

Phil Wyeth

Grip
I have had now for two weeks the Definitive Technology center speaker CLR 2300. Built in 8 inch sub.
I highly recommend it or its bigger brother with the 10 inch sub.
I had a Paradigm center before and going to the def tech with the built in sub is like night and day. You cant imagine how much low end frequency you gain with the extra bass. Male voices now have the deeper, fuller sound they should have. The sub doesnt give room shaking base but thats not what is intended with the design, thats what your main sub in you system is for.
Anyway, highly recommend it, paid $599. :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Bob_A

Supporting Actor
Phil, this center seems great! Do you know how it would compare to the clr2000? Also...what main speakers are you running, and how do you like those? Thanks, and enjoy!

Phil Wyeth

Grip
Comparing the 2300 to the 2000 is probably tough. I think the 2000 is biwireable and has bigger midranges, then again, it doesnt have the built in sub. I never heard the 2000 so I cant really give an opinion.

I have BP6s in the front, Paradigm sub1200 and Paradigm ADPs in the rear.

I ditched my old Paradigm center cause:

1) It was wimpy

2) It didn't match the Def Tech BP6s in the front

Honestly though, your center channel is the most important speaker in your HT set up.

Users who are viewing this thread