I have the Hitachi 65TWX20B, what should i get ? the X-box or PS2

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by hef, Dec 6, 2002.

1. hef

hef Auditioning

i want to make the most out of my HDTV, i have my friends PS2 for a few days and it's kind of fuzzy and not as crisp looking as i would have hoped. is there any way of making this PS2 picture better or is the X-box the way to go? is the X-box that much more better for the big screens?

2. Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman Producer

How do you have it connected? Use a quality component cable if you can.

As far as which one is better.. I can't say.

3. hef

hef Auditioning

yeah its connected into the video 4 on the back of the tv, yes it has upgraded component cables.

4. Andrew Grall

Andrew Grall Supporting Actor

I have a Toshiba 50H81. I used to own a PS2 until I got the X-Box. Both were connected via quality component cables. The X-Box looks significantly better on a big TV in my opinion...

5. Lee M T

Lee M T Second Unit

The Xbox is always going to look better than the PS2, for the most part. It can vary depending on the developer. As far as which system to get, that depends. Do you only care about graphics? Do you only care about sound? Do you only care about games? More than likely it is a combination of those things. Overall, I am more into just having fun. You should decide which games you like to play most and go from there. Both systems produce graphics relatively closely when you get to the top tier of the games. Xbox does win over in sound as most games feature DD. But the PS2 has a huge library, which means many bad games and many good ones. Right now I own a PS2 (and GC) because there are just more games that I have fun with. But the Xbox is beginning to come around. I wouldn't be surprised if I added one to my collection in another 6 months or so.

6. hef

hef Auditioning

thanks for the info guys, i just went out and bought an xbox, after renting one to sample. the xbox with the org" cables looked alot better than my friends ps2 with upgraded cables. thanks again

7. Brian Mello

Brian Mello Stunt Coordinator

Good Choice! I own both systems and leave my PS2 hooked up in my guest room on my 27" tube and have my XBOX on my HDTV. IMO, no comparision in picture quality!