What's new

I have spades and would like to change to bannana's... (1 Viewer)

Josh Wolfman

Stunt Coordinator
I have three Synergystic Research speaker cables with spades on the ends of them. My amp (Aragon 8008X3) does not like spades while sitting on the floor. What is the easiest way to convert the ends to bannana plugs? Can I just screw a bannana on the end of the spade? Where can I find these? Thx.

Pete H

Stunt Coordinator
I would find out how much Synergystic would charge to re-terminate your cables. I'm not aware of any way to convert spades to banana.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
i may be getting bad crack from my dealer again.

but...

i could swear i've seen a converter-doo-hickey that will allow you to connect your spade to a banana plug.

essentially it has the screw on section (for the spade) on one end and the male banana plug on the other.

just out of curiosity, why doesn't the amp like the spades? spacing issue?

PaulT

Supporting Actor
Rat Shack makes a cheapo converter, there must be someone out there who makes similar unit of better quality
http://www.radioshack.com/product.as...5Fid=274%2D716
If this is the type of thing you are looking for. I am not sure how this might solve your problem however as all it would do would be move the same connection to your amp out the length of the converter.

Josh Wolfman

Stunt Coordinator
I am interested in this product for 2 reasons...

1. The amps binding posts have to hang over the edge of a shelf in order to use my spades

2. I stripped one of the binding posts on the amp

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
you know, you could always replace the binding posts either yourself or at a shop. try contacting the amp people and see if they'll send you one.

Brian OK

Supporting Actor
I agree with Pete.... send them back to be reterminated.

Too add another connection, another poor signal conducting link is self-defeating if sonic accuracy is your aim here.

You will just be degrading the integrity of the original signal by trying to adapt another connector.... and it will be more loss... and far from the air-tight seal your connections should be in the first place.

BOK

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks