What's new

I have some general questions about power and surge protectors... (1 Viewer)

james e m

Second Unit
I have a couple of questions about surge protectors. First I am on a limited budget and I wanted to get a decent surge protector to protect my investments.

First off how many joules would you recommend a surge protector should protect against?

Does the surge protector still work if it is not turned on, meaning is power still able to get to my equipment when it's shut off?

I'm assuming that electrical surges can damage speakers too, am I correct?

How long do surge protectors last? How long does the MOV last within the surge protector? I'd don't want to spend $150 on something that's going to obsolete in 5 years.

I was planning on checking out the Monster Cable HTS2000 for around $130 mainly for its surge protector capabilities, with the line conditioner being an added bonus. Is this a waste for someone who is looking for the best (with $100-$150 price range) surge protection for their equipment?

As of now I have a Belkin Surge Master II, do I really need to upgrade it or should I stick with it for now and spend my money elsewhere?

Does anybody have any recommendations?

Thanks for your help, your help will be greatly appreciated!

James

Andson H

Auditioning
James,
Check out the surge protectors/filters at "brickwall.com" . They are superior to API, Monster, Adcom, Triplite, and Belkin. I live in rural Arizona and have had all of the mentioned devices get toasted over the last ten years except for the brickwall units.:emoji_thumbsup:

james e m

Second Unit
Well I think I will end up getting a product from brickwall.com unless anybody can tell me a reason not to of course.

james

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks