What's new

I have ?'s and need advice on receivers for the $1000.00 range (1 Viewer)

Todd smith

Supporting Actor
Just wondering if you guys could give me some suggestions for receivers in this price range. I also had a few questions. q1 Do most receivers in this range not have a manual eq type control such as a simple bass and treble adjustment? I looked at the denon 3802 today and they told me there was no bass and treble control, just pre set sound fields to choose from. q2 Does this go with most receivers in this price range? q3 I have a old kenwood tuner with a 7 band eq, would I be able to use this with the denon or other receiver?

Shawn C

Screenwriter
1 word. YAMAHA. I think most of the Yamaha receivers still have the seperate BASS and TREBLE controls. My RX-V1000 does, which I personally like having. (even though mine are set to 'neutral' 100% of the time. :) )

MarcVH

Second Unit
Whoever told you that was mistaken; the Denon 3802 has bass and treble controls for most of its surround modes (DIRECT mode bypasses them.) Personally, I've never had occasion to want to use them, but they're there. They're part of the surround parameters, which means adjusting them via the remote without using the OSD is a little tricky.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks