I have ?'s and need advice on receivers for the $1000.00 range

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Todd smith, Apr 2, 2002.

1. Todd smith

Todd smith Supporting Actor

Just wondering if you guys could give me some suggestions for receivers in this price range. I also had a few questions. q1 Do most receivers in this range not have a manual eq type control such as a simple bass and treble adjustment? I looked at the denon 3802 today and they told me there was no bass and treble control, just pre set sound fields to choose from. q2 Does this go with most receivers in this price range? q3 I have a old kenwood tuner with a 7 band eq, would I be able to use this with the denon or other receiver?

2. Todd smith

Todd smith Supporting Actor

I forgot to add that this receiver will be used for movies and music pretty equally.

3. Mark Larson

Mark Larson Supporting Actor

Ask a mod to move this to the receivers section. You should get more responses.

4. Shawn C

Shawn C Screenwriter

1 word. YAMAHA. I think most of the Yamaha receivers still have the seperate BASS and TREBLE controls. My RX-V1000 does, which I personally like having. (even though mine are set to 'neutral' 100% of the time. [​IMG] )

5. MarcVH

MarcVH Second Unit

Whoever told you that was mistaken; the Denon 3802 has bass and treble controls for most of its surround modes (DIRECT mode bypasses them.) Personally, I've never had occasion to want to use them, but they're there. They're part of the surround parameters, which means adjusting them via the remote without using the OSD is a little tricky.