I Have Received The Call!!!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Bob_L, Mar 15, 2002.

1. Bob_L

Bob_L Supporting Actor

Bob Lindstrom
    I GOT IT!!!

I got the Outlaw email!!!!!

Yipeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"· Your receipt of this message begins a 10 day waiting period to make certain that anyone who is traveling, on vacation or otherwise unable to receive e-mail is able to confirm their reservation. We have had numerous inquiries expressing concern that people would miss their place in line, and we have instituted this time to make certain that those who have waited so long for a Model 950 are not passed over. · On March 25 (but not before), you will be able to access the order form by visiting the following URL: *EDITED FROM ORIGINAL EMAIL* · Once you are authenticated to enter the order form page, please select the products you wish to order and fill in the information requested for your name, shipping address, billing address and credit card. Be certain to double-check all entries, as incorrect information will delay your shipment. o Note that you may order either a Model 950, or a combination with either of our amplifiers, the Model 770 or the Model 755 even if you did not originally reserve an amplifier with your original reservation. o For your convenience, you may also order an ICBM or any of our interconnect cable products at that time, as well."

That's the gist of it....

2. Ashford Little

Ashford Little Stunt Coordinator

Please provide specifics or the email so that everyone can rejoice with you.

3. MarkR

MarkR Extra

Got it too!
    Here's the content:
    As you may know, prior to the release of a major motion picture, the studios
    conduct sneak previews and also submit their film to the MPAA for a rating. When
    all of this is completed, and before the final release prints are struck, the
    director makes "final edits" (sometimes right up to 72 hours before the movies
    opening.)
    Our Beta test, the reaction to the Beta testers' reviews and the licensing
    certification approvals are the equivalent of this movie release process. In a way
    similar to the director, we've been working for the last few days, making final
    adjustments to the software to ensure that everything is just right. The end
    result is that we are convinced that the 950 is a terrific product that exceeds
    our expectations, and we are confident that you will be delighted with its
    performance.
    Therefore, after months of development and testing, the Outlaws are pleased to
    inform you that the model 950 has passed all required testing and
    certification, and as you read this message, the first production run is now underway at the
    factory.
    The start of production also means that we are getting close to the ship date.
    In turn, that also means that it is time to contact those who have placed their
    name on our Reservations List during the past few months. In an effort to
    deliver the first 950s as quickly as possible to our patient (and sometimes
    impatient) customers, the Outlaws have made a decision to air freight a significant
    quantity of the first units to our domestic warehouse.
    Your receipt of this message is in response to a reservation placed in your
    name on our web site during the past few months. However, if you do not wish to
    purchase a Model 950 at this time, please send us an email, canceling your
    reservation. We will simply pass your place on the waiting list to the next person in
    line.
    If you DO wish to purchase a 950, either alone or in combination with either a
    Model 770 or Model 755 amplifier, please read the instructions below and follow
    the steps outlined. Following these steps will insure that your order is
    properly processed so that you receive your new Model 950 shortly.
    · Your receipt of this message begins a 10 day waiting period to make certain
    that anyone who is traveling, on vacation or otherwise unable to receive e-mail
    is able to confirm their reservation. We have had numerous inquiries expressing
    concern that people would miss their place in line, and we have instituted this
    time to make certain that those who have waited so long for a Model 950 are not
    passed over.
    · On March 25 (but not before), you will be able to access the order form by
    visiting the following URL: https://www.outlawaudio.com/waitlist/order.shtml
    Enter that address into your browser to reach the site.
    · When you reach the site you will be asked to enter a user ID and password.
    You unique identifiers for that information are:
    o User ID: XXXX
    o Password: XXXX
    · Once you are authenticated to enter the order form page, please select the
    products you wish to order and fill in the information requested for your name,
    shipping address, billing address and credit card. Be certain to double-check
    all entries, as incorrect information will delay your shipment.
    o Note that you may order either a Model 950, or a combination with either of
    our amplifiers, the Model 770 or the Model 755 even if you did not originally
    reserve an amplifier with your original reservation.
    o For your convenience, you may also order an ICBM or any of our interconnect
    cable products at that time, as well. IMPORTANT NOTE: If you placed your
    reservation prior to December 25th you are eligible to receive our "thank you" bonus
    of a pair of PCA interconnects. They will be automatically included with your
    shipment and you do not need to make any special note of that on the order. Any
    orders for cables placed with a confirmation on the order form page will be
    charged to you and are not returnable.
    o Please note that due to limited supplies we are unable to fill orders for
    more than one processor and one amplifier per reservation at this time.
    o RESERVATIONS ARE NOT TRANSFERRABLE. We reserve the right to cancel any
    reservations, particularly if the User ID and Password are given to anyone other than
    the person who made the original reservation.
    · EXTREMELY IMPORTANT: You will have access to the order form page for a
    three-day period,(March 25-27) after which your reservation will be AUTOMATICALLY
    CANCELLED. If you do not place an order within that time you will have to re-join
    the reservation list or wait until the Model 950 is in stock for immediate
    shipment.
    · Once we receive your electronic order, you will receive an automated
    confirmation. An additional message containing the tracking data for your shipment
    will be sent when your order ships shortly after.
    o If you order a processor/amplifier combination please note that the products
    may arrive in separate shipments, as they may originate from different
    locations. We will do our best to synchronize the deliveries, but cannot guarantee that
    both products will arrive on the same date.
    · Please do not call to inquire about the status of your order. We will keep
    you posted via e-mail, but calling will only slow down things for everyone.
    The Outlaws appreciate your patience in staying with us during the Model 950's
    development process. The Model 950 is a breakthrough product offering
    incredible sonic accuracy and operating flexibility at an unmatchable price. We are
    confident that you will agree that the wait was well worth it.
    Thanks for becoming a member of the Outlaw family.
    Regards
    The Outlaws

4. Sean D

Sean D Stunt Coordinator

[​IMG] Got mine too [​IMG]

5. DennisG

DennisG Extra

Can you guys post the date you reserved the 950 so people know how close they are to receiving a email. I reserved on Dec. 14 and have not gotten my notification yet.

6. MarkR

MarkR Extra

Reserved it on the first day, what was it, the 13th?

7. Bob-N

Bob-N Supporting Actor

Ah crud. My email server is on the blink. Double bad luck as when the reservation list was opened way back, my browser crashed and I didn't get my name in until about a half an hour after the reservation list opened. I hope I get an email too. [​IMG]
    Bob

8. Sankar

Sankar Second Unit

9. Luke_Khuc

Luke_Khuc Stunt Coordinator

posted by Mark
    ========
    o User ID: XXXX
    o Password: XXXX
    ========
    thx mark muuuuawww [​IMG]

10. MarkR

MarkR Extra

No problem Luke. I'm sure those Xs wil work out great for you[​IMG]
    Sankar,
    You have a good point. I was one of those that contacted Outlaw in early Feb because I was going on vacation in early March, concerned about missing the call. The week-long expiration for the e-mail solves one problem, but only 3 days for ordering seems to create another. [​IMG]
    At least I'm back from vacation, so I'm not worried, but I'm sure this will affect others.

11. Doug_B

Doug_B Screenwriter

Good luck everyone.

As for myself, I couldn't wait past December since my other HT equipment had come in. So my place on line, 2 minutes into the reservation process, has been forfeited.

If you're unlucky enough to not have Internet access during the 3 day order interval, maybe you can get someone you trust to order for you (probably need to use a credit card in your name).

Doug

12. Sankar

Sankar Second Unit

13. Matthew Anderson

Matthew Anderson Second Unit

Matthew Anderson
    [​IMG] I got my email notification at 7:19pm today.Oh yeah! I originally got on the reservation list on Dec.13 just minutes after it was opened up. I am so glad the wait is almost over.[​IMG]

14. brian a

brian a Second Unit

Wow. It looks like even with the increased first shipment the cut off for the first batch of mails was still some time on the 13th. There must be a huge list waiting for this thing. I'm not on the list until the first of January. That sounds like a long time listening to you guys talk about how great your 950s sound before I get mine.
    The joy of knowing that they are shipping; the pain of knowing how long it will be before I get mine.
    I hope it doesn't stay at a ratio of 1 shipment of 950s per day of reservations for long. [​IMG]

15. RAF

RAF Lead Actor

Question: What is today's date?
    Hmm.... March 15th.
    Didn't someone here mention something about the Ides of March?
    [​IMG]
    Just a suggestion - maybe some of us actually know what we are talking about? And maybe we might also actually be right about the performance of the 950?
    Time will tell.
    Seriously, I for one am anxiously looking forward to the time when you have your 950's and, for a change of pace, I can ask you how you like your unit.
    And for those of you who are contemplating pairing the 950 with a 755 or a 770 - Wait until you hear that combination.
    Price:performance?
    Wait and see (hear)!!

16. Serge Breton

Serge Breton Supporting Actor

hey,

i reserved my 950 on the first night(13th) and i never received my email yet. What gives?

17. Jim Prillaman

Jim Prillaman Stunt Coordinator

18. RAF

RAF Lead Actor

Point of information: Although I was privy to some information regarding the rollout of the letters I am not one of the Outlaws and I can't provide any answers regarding dates that any of you "applied" to Outlaw for an 950.

Actually, that's one task I wouldn't wish on anybody and I would think it is going to be quite a thorn in the side of The Outlaws until everything gets sorted out. Also, asking here, "Why didn't I get my letter since I placed an order on ...??" isn't going to get you any answers. The Outlaws don't post here so you won't get answers here.

I really think that the 950 will be a "hot" item, especially when it starts shipping and more people start talking about it. And I hope that everyone who wants to will get the chance to audition one ASAP.

Good luck, all.

19. Bob_L

Bob_L Supporting Actor

Bob Lindstrom

20. Geo

Geo Stunt Coordinator

I can't remember the exact date that I registered, must of been a day or so later. I may be in for quite a bit more waiting. But on the bright side, many of you will already be posting your impressions, good or bad, so I should be able to make a more informed decision as to go for it or not.

geo