What's new

I Have Received The Call!!!! (1 Viewer)

Bob_L

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bob Lindstrom
I GOT IT!!!

I got the Outlaw email!!!!!

Yipeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"· Your receipt of this message begins a 10 day waiting period to make certain that anyone who is traveling, on vacation or otherwise unable to receive e-mail is able to confirm their reservation. We have had numerous inquiries expressing concern that people would miss their place in line, and we have instituted this time to make certain that those who have waited so long for a Model 950 are not passed over. · On March 25 (but not before), you will be able to access the order form by visiting the following URL: *EDITED FROM ORIGINAL EMAIL* · Once you are authenticated to enter the order form page, please select the products you wish to order and fill in the information requested for your name, shipping address, billing address and credit card. Be certain to double-check all entries, as incorrect information will delay your shipment. o Note that you may order either a Model 950, or a combination with either of our amplifiers, the Model 770 or the Model 755 even if you did not originally reserve an amplifier with your original reservation. o For your convenience, you may also order an ICBM or any of our interconnect cable products at that time, as well."

That's the gist of it....

MarkR

Grip
Got it too!
Here's the content:
As you may know, prior to the release of a major motion picture, the studios
conduct sneak previews and also submit their film to the MPAA for a rating. When
all of this is completed, and before the final release prints are struck, the
director makes "final edits" (sometimes right up to 72 hours before the movies
opening.)
Our Beta test, the reaction to the Beta testers' reviews and the licensing
certification approvals are the equivalent of this movie release process. In a way
similar to the director, we've been working for the last few days, making final
adjustments to the software to ensure that everything is just right. The end
result is that we are convinced that the 950 is a terrific product that exceeds
our expectations, and we are confident that you will be delighted with its
performance.
Therefore, after months of development and testing, the Outlaws are pleased to
inform you that the model 950 has passed all required testing and
certification, and as you read this message, the first production run is now underway at the
factory.
The start of production also means that we are getting close to the ship date.
In turn, that also means that it is time to contact those who have placed their
name on our Reservations List during the past few months. In an effort to
deliver the first 950s as quickly as possible to our patient (and sometimes
impatient) customers, the Outlaws have made a decision to air freight a significant
quantity of the first units to our domestic warehouse.
Your receipt of this message is in response to a reservation placed in your
name on our web site during the past few months. However, if you do not wish to
purchase a Model 950 at this time, please send us an email, canceling your
reservation. We will simply pass your place on the waiting list to the next person in
line.
If you DO wish to purchase a 950, either alone or in combination with either a
Model 770 or Model 755 amplifier, please read the instructions below and follow
the steps outlined. Following these steps will insure that your order is
properly processed so that you receive your new Model 950 shortly.
· Your receipt of this message begins a 10 day waiting period to make certain
that anyone who is traveling, on vacation or otherwise unable to receive e-mail
is able to confirm their reservation. We have had numerous inquiries expressing
concern that people would miss their place in line, and we have instituted this
time to make certain that those who have waited so long for a Model 950 are not
passed over.
· On March 25 (but not before), you will be able to access the order form by
visiting the following URL: https://www.outlawaudio.com/waitlist/order.shtml
Enter that address into your browser to reach the site.
· When you reach the site you will be asked to enter a user ID and password.
You unique identifiers for that information are:
o User ID: XXXX
o Password: XXXX
· Once you are authenticated to enter the order form page, please select the
products you wish to order and fill in the information requested for your name,
shipping address, billing address and credit card. Be certain to double-check
all entries, as incorrect information will delay your shipment.
o Note that you may order either a Model 950, or a combination with either of
our amplifiers, the Model 770 or the Model 755 even if you did not originally
reserve an amplifier with your original reservation.
o For your convenience, you may also order an ICBM or any of our interconnect
cable products at that time, as well. IMPORTANT NOTE: If you placed your
reservation prior to December 25th you are eligible to receive our "thank you" bonus
of a pair of PCA interconnects. They will be automatically included with your
shipment and you do not need to make any special note of that on the order. Any
orders for cables placed with a confirmation on the order form page will be
charged to you and are not returnable.
o Please note that due to limited supplies we are unable to fill orders for
more than one processor and one amplifier per reservation at this time.
o RESERVATIONS ARE NOT TRANSFERRABLE. We reserve the right to cancel any
reservations, particularly if the User ID and Password are given to anyone other than
the person who made the original reservation.
· EXTREMELY IMPORTANT: You will have access to the order form page for a
three-day period,(March 25-27) after which your reservation will be AUTOMATICALLY
CANCELLED. If you do not place an order within that time you will have to re-join
the reservation list or wait until the Model 950 is in stock for immediate
shipment.
· Once we receive your electronic order, you will receive an automated
confirmation. An additional message containing the tracking data for your shipment
will be sent when your order ships shortly after.
o If you order a processor/amplifier combination please note that the products
may arrive in separate shipments, as they may originate from different
locations. We will do our best to synchronize the deliveries, but cannot guarantee that
both products will arrive on the same date.
· Please do not call to inquire about the status of your order. We will keep
you posted via e-mail, but calling will only slow down things for everyone.
The Outlaws appreciate your patience in staying with us during the Model 950's
development process. The Model 950 is a breakthrough product offering
incredible sonic accuracy and operating flexibility at an unmatchable price. We are
confident that you will agree that the wait was well worth it.
Thanks for becoming a member of the Outlaw family.
Regards
The Outlaws

DennisG

Grip
Can you guys post the date you reserved the 950 so people know how close they are to receiving a email. I reserved on Dec. 14 and have not gotten my notification yet.

Bob-N

Supporting Actor
Ah crud. My email server is on the blink. Double bad luck as when the reservation list was opened way back, my browser crashed and I didn't get my name in until about a half an hour after the reservation list opened. I hope I get an email too. :frowning:
Bob

Sankar

Second Unit
EXTREMELY IMPORTANT: You will have access to the order form page for a three-day period,(March 25-27) after which your reservation will be AUTOMATICALLY CANCELLED.
What happens if you really want it, are willing to commit prior to that date, but just have to be out of town during that period with no access to the internet? Somehow, it just does not seem fair to cancel the reservation after such an extended wait ...

MarkR

Grip
No problem Luke. I'm sure those Xs wil work out great for you:laugh:
Sankar,
You have a good point. I was one of those that contacted Outlaw in early Feb because I was going on vacation in early March, concerned about missing the call. The week-long expiration for the e-mail solves one problem, but only 3 days for ordering seems to create another. :frowning:
At least I'm back from vacation, so I'm not worried, but I'm sure this will affect others.

Doug_B

Screenwriter
Good luck everyone.

As for myself, I couldn't wait past December since my other HT equipment had come in. So my place on line, 2 minutes into the reservation process, has been forfeited.

If you're unlucky enough to not have Internet access during the 3 day order interval, maybe you can get someone you trust to order for you (probably need to use a credit card in your name).

Doug

Sankar

Second Unit
At least I'm back from vacation, so I'm not worried, but I'm sure this will affect others.
Good to hear that! Unfortunately, I am on a holding pattern for some international personal and business trips .. one of which will take me to a remote village in India with no easy access to the internet. If I know my luck, this trip will coincide with the order window (I suppose that if we lose our space in the ilne, we also lose the free interconnects?)! ... I'm just praying that this does not happen ...
By the way, I got my confirmation email at 10:43 am on Dec 14th (not sure if that would be EST or PST) ... so if I do not receive an email (have not received one yet), I suppose that we could assume that the cutoff is prior to this time!

Matthew Anderson

Second Unit
Real Name
Matthew Anderson
:emoji_thumbsup: I got my email notification at 7:19pm today.Oh yeah! I originally got on the reservation list on Dec.13 just minutes after it was opened up. I am so glad the wait is almost over.:)

brian a

Second Unit
Wow. It looks like even with the increased first shipment the cut off for the first batch of mails was still some time on the 13th. There must be a huge list waiting for this thing. I'm not on the list until the first of January. That sounds like a long time listening to you guys talk about how great your 950s sound before I get mine.
The joy of knowing that they are shipping; the pain of knowing how long it will be before I get mine.
I hope it doesn't stay at a ratio of 1 shipment of 950s per day of reservations for long. :frowning:

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Question: What is today's date?
Hmm.... March 15th.
Didn't someone here mention something about the Ides of March?
:laugh:
Just a suggestion - maybe some of us actually know what we are talking about? And maybe we might also actually be right about the performance of the 950?
Time will tell.
Seriously, I for one am anxiously looking forward to the time when you have your 950's and, for a change of pace, I can ask you how you like your unit.
And for those of you who are contemplating pairing the 950 with a 755 or a 770 - Wait until you hear that combination.
Price:performance?
Wait and see (hear)!!

Jim Prillaman

Stunt Coordinator
What happens if you really want it, are willing to commit prior to that date, but just have to be out of town during that period with no access to the internet? Somehow, it just does not seem fair to cancel the reservation after such an extended wait ...
From what I understand, they are giving you almost two weeks to get this e-mail and react (10 days until the order page goes up for you to find the e-mail, and two or three days after that to get the order in). If you will be trapped somewhere and unable to log on during those three days that the order form will be up, I suspect a phone call would take care of getting you your unit. That seems like a fairly reasonable approach to the problem of being fair.
(Oh, yeah, I came back from dinner tonight and found my "ides of March" e-mail waiting for me. :D )

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Point of information: Although I was privy to some information regarding the rollout of the letters I am not one of the Outlaws and I can't provide any answers regarding dates that any of you "applied" to Outlaw for an 950.

Actually, that's one task I wouldn't wish on anybody and I would think it is going to be quite a thorn in the side of The Outlaws until everything gets sorted out. Also, asking here, "Why didn't I get my letter since I placed an order on ...??" isn't going to get you any answers. The Outlaws don't post here so you won't get answers here.

I really think that the 950 will be a "hot" item, especially when it starts shipping and more people start talking about it. And I hope that everyone who wants to will get the chance to audition one ASAP.

Good luck, all.

Geo

Stunt Coordinator
I can't remember the exact date that I registered, must of been a day or so later. I may be in for quite a bit more waiting. But on the bright side, many of you will already be posting your impressions, good or bad, so I should be able to make a more informed decision as to go for it or not.

geo

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks