What's new

i have Ps2 and Xbox - should i get Gamecube? (1 Viewer)

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Yikes...this is the second "port" of a game (tiger woods 2003 is the other, since EA really seems to program for PS2 in mind) that seems really bad in comparison the Ps2 version
Yeah, there are a few of them Sean. It happens. There are several games that are better on the Xbox and other games that I find to be more enjoyable on the Gamecube or the PS2(For instance I ended up buying Timesplitters 2 on the Gamecube because I preferred the GC's control setup...go figure).

Theres no substituting your eyes and hands though Sean. These are purely based on my opinion and my observations in comparing the different versions of multi-platoform games. Lord knows that you may think Spyhunter on the Xbox plays better or Timesplitters is a better experience on the PS2. Always keep that in mind.

**As an aside if you want an idea of what I do in the case of multi-platform games I keep it pretty simple. I usually follow previews fairly closely and in most cases I will go out and purchase the Xbox version for that systems almost uniform support of 480p and DD 5.1. However my next step is to go out and rent the opposing platforms versions for a weekend and try them out. If the gameplay, graphics..so forth so on are more appealing to me on another platform I will usually return (or keep) the prior purchase I made for the one I finally decide on. It can cost a little extra in rental fees but I find the cost negligible for the peace of mind in knowing I personally selected the best version of the game out there for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks