I have one of the last Christmas presents my grandfather bought my dad before he died

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by StephenA, Sep 22, 2002.

1. StephenA

StephenA Screenwriter

My grandfather, who died in late 1957, and he had bought my dad some Christmas presents before he died. A few years ago my dad gave me the old Army truck my grandfather bought him. It's an antique toy now, and is probably worth a few bucks. I'm not gonna sell it though, and will pass it on to my son if I ever have one.

2. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Um, that's nice, Stephen.

3. Rain

Rain Producer

Given the current trend of hocking everything that might be worth a buck or two on Ebay, I think it's nice to see that some people still attach sentimental value to things.
    Based on some of your other posts, Stephen, I think you'll probably make a great dad when the day comes. [​IMG]

4. Walter Kittel

Walter Kittel Producer

Let's hope you're never held captive by the North Vietnamese. [​IMG] *
    ( Sorry, that's the first thing that popped into my mind when I read about the generational aspect of this gift. Actually, that's pretty cool, agreeing with Rain's comments. )

* Pulp Fiction reference for those who didn't make the connection.

- Walter.

5. John Spencer

John Spencer Supporting Actor

So I jump ship in Hong Kong and make my way over to Tibet, and I get on as a looper at a course over in the Himalayas. A looper, you know, a caddy, a looper, a jock. So, I tell them I'm a pro jock, and who do you think they give me? The Dalai Lama, himself. Twelfth son of the Lama. The flowing robes, the grace, bald... striking. So, I'm on the first tee with him. I give him the driver. He hauls off and whacks one---big hitter, the Lama---long, into a ten-thousand foot crevasse, right at the base of this glacier. Do you know what the Lama says? Gunga galunga... gunga, gunga-galunga. So we finish the eighteenth and I realize he's gonna stiff me.
    And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know."
    And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consiousness."
    So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

6. Holadem

Holadem Lead Actor

Stephen, you have an interesting family...

--
    Holadem