What's new

I have no luck with Pre-Orders! (1 Viewer)

Jin E

Second Unit
Exhibit A:
Pre-Ordered Akira LE Tin from Amazon.com 2 months before release. 6 days after release date still no ship confirmation. Sent Amazon a nasty-gram. I receive a $10 GC and a “Sorry… we don’t have any more”. I scoured the Earth and finally had to get a friend of mine in Atlanta to buy one for me. 13 days after the release date I get a copy of the LE Tin from Amazon. Guess I should have canceled that Pre-order… now I have two copies!
Exhibit B
Decided to do my next Pre-order at DVD Empire. I heard many good things about them! Goonies shiped out via USPS 2-3 day Priority service. 14 days after the ship date no sign of Goonies. 2-3 Days my Ass!!! E-mailed DVD Empire… there is nothing they can do since it was shipped USPS and there is no tracking number and the package cannot be considered lost until after 4 weeks has passed. I have scoured the earth but of the 8 places that sell DVD’s in Auburn, none of them have Goonies in stock.
I hope my Princess Bride gets here fine… and I will burn down the internet if my Simpsons does not get here!!! Anyhoo… just had to rant.
------------------
-Jin
My Theater

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
Well, you just happened to pick two of the most in-demand titles. I couldn't find Goonies in a B&M until I tried Target, which had two copies - the only ones I've ever seen. Fortunately I don't want Goonies so I didn't care. My pre-order of the Akira LE tin was cancelled by Bigstar because, of course, they no longer sell dvds. So I put my cookies with Best Buy. I was there bright and early and got my Akira Le tin - two of them, in fact.
I sure do hope you get your Simpsons right away - I don't want my PC to start burning when I log onto the internet.
------------------
They're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!
They're coming to take me away, ho-ho, hee-hee, ha-haaa To the funny farm. Where life is beautiful all the time and I'll be happy to see those nice young men in their clean white coats and they're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!!!!
- Napoleon XIV

BarryR

Supporting Actor
Real Name
BARRY RIVADUE
I've given up on DVDPlanet, since a) in May they never sent out a replacement order they said they would, and when they checked their records they had no information on my request; thanks! and b) yesterday I called about a pre-order on a new release that should have arrived by now, and was told it was on backorder! Why couldn't they E-mail me on this, like other websites? Worse, when I cancelled the order, they credited me the amount that was NOT the sale price I had pre-ordered it at, so was I going to be billed more than expected if I hadn't cancelled?? During both situations I ended up taking a quick ride to Best Buy.
I now mainly deal with DVDEmpire and DeepDiscountDVD
[Edited last by BarryR on September 01, 2001 at 09:11 AM]

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
Barry: If Dvd Planet credits you more than you paid, that sounds like a big plus for Dvd Planet.
Dvd Planet has always shipped my orders promptly. But I've never had to deal with a lost shipment from them.
------------------
They're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!
They're coming to take me away, ho-ho, hee-hee, ha-haaa To the funny farm. Where life is beautiful all the time and I'll be happy to see those nice young men in their clean white coats and they're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!!!!
- Napoleon XIV

BarryR

Supporting Actor
Real Name
BARRY RIVADUE
Yes, you're right--I somehow thought it was to be my actual billing!
Anyway, I'm too wary of them anymore--at least with the others I'm pretty confident of rapid, dependable service.
[Edited last by BarryR on September 02, 2001 at 08:52 AM]

KyleS

Screenwriter
If you have a Costco in your area they should have Goonies for you. Yesterday when I was in Costco here in Eugene they had about 400 copies in a huge section long with Snow White and the 7 Dwarves pre-orders.
KyleS
Also check out Deepdvddiscount.com for good prices on pre-orders.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks