What's new

I have made a DVD-player with a friend of mine (1 Viewer)

TeroL

Auditioning
We've made a dvd-player using standard computer parts and modified them heavily. The basic controllers (mouse and keyboard) are thrown to a trash basket and replaced with a joystick-like controller on the face of the player and with a remote control. When system is started you can just put in dvd or a cd with avis on it and push play. System is based on Gentoo Linux and the player software is heavily modified Xine. With on screen menus and LCD-panel the player is totally independent system that can be just plugged to a tv-set. Go check it out and tell us your opinion. The Project Site

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
That's some serious geeked-up stuff! I love it!

The LCD display with the DVD logo on it is way cool.

Nice job. What do you suppose the total cost of the project was?

TeroL

Auditioning
The total cost is really difficult to count, but it should be somewhere around 400 euros

Jack*Mains

Stunt Coordinator
I run Gentoo Linux on my server at home, and of all the linux distro's, I probably like this one the best. Good Choice :)
Can you get progressive output on that thing?

TeroL

Auditioning
We haven't put a lot of thought to the dvd playback yet so I have to admit I'm not fully aware of the possible abilities ;) I bet there wouldn't be any reason why not. At least it should be possible, if not with this display adapter, we could always replace it with one that can handle progressive output

TeroL

Auditioning
The DVD playback should be working by now... ;) But still the progressive scan is a mystery...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks