Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by AmitP, Feb 27, 2002.
Yep thats right. Sorry they required a link on the HTF for the contest.
Is that a SVS that goes in your computer?
Where exactly is the contest? I've got a 31CS, but I'd much rather have two SVSs .
Today's newsletter had info about the contest. Its supposed to be for active members only, so you're supposed to e-mail your e-mail address, user id, and a link to a thread you've participated in. It should be around here somewhere cause I'm sure there's a specific address to send your entry to.
Here is the info I got via the newsletter:
* Contest is open to any member that can provide a LINK via email for any post (except TEST POSTS) that they have made on the forum, showing that they are an active member. Moderators and staff of HTF are excluded.
* To enter, simply send an EMAIL with your HTF USERNAME, EMAIL ADDRESS, and a LINK to your post on HTF to this address: [email protected]
* You can only enter ONCE. You must completely include all the information requested above.
* Finally, and most importantly, if you WIN any of the subwoofers, you are REQUIRED to write a review of the subwoofer on Home Theater Forum. A small task in exchange for a superior subwoofer that rivals all the others.
* Contest runs from today through March 9th, 2002. We will announce the winner on HTF, as well as contacting that winner via email.
I must not be getting the HTF newsletter anymore (or it goes to my bulk email at yahoo, which I don't even look at). I'll need to make sure I'm back on the list.
I am glad I get the letter.
Just making another post....
P.S. I do have about 800 more elsewhere on the forum =)
Great contest, way to go SVS!
What a cheap way to gain "active" status and meet the criteria for the contest. You should be ashamed. I felt so strongly angered by this that I simply had to come out of lurkers mode and make my first post.
You might want to check out the details of the contest in this thread. Here's some fine print for you to read:
Another post for the contest.
It seems like the rules of the contest are ever changing.
The rule about creating a post just to enter the contest was not included in the newsletter that was sent out.
I'm more of a lurker than a poster, so I also made a "post for the sake of entering the contest" post in order to enter the contest, only to see this rule added to the thread you mentioned.
I thought the post was for validating membership only, I didn't realize it was going to be edited for content.
Sorry if I sound a little miffed, but I really wanted in on the contest and fear I'll be disqualified now for the "no content" post. I have since sent another e-mail with a valid post link. I hope I don't get disqualified for entering twice now.
Very simply, the rules should have been spelled out in the newsletter, either explicitly or with a link to the rules.
End of rant
Nice contest guys!
I believe the newsletter actually got out before the SVS news was supposed to "break". A little mix-up between HTF & SVS.
I've seen some SVS subwoofer reviews by previous winners, but I can't recall ever seeing the reviews by the SVS t-shirt winners. Well, guys and gals???
Well, OK, I guess it's worth making a post for.
Been awhile since I've posted. I'm in.
I am so there
Looking to see my name in the winner circle this time