I have DishPVR and want to...

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Levi, Jul 9, 2004.

1. Levi

Levi Agent

I have the Dish Network PVR and I want to record archived content to DVD. What is the best way to accomplish this? I'm not really interested in an expensive DVD recorder to replace my current PVR or DVD player. If I was to get a DVD recorder, I would be using it only to archive content, so I don't think I need a hard drive or progressive scan functionality.

Any suggestions on an inexpensive solution, or a particular model of DVD recorder that would do what I need cheaply?

--LEVI
    **edited for clarity

--LEVI

2. Robert_J

Robert_J Lead Actor

Robert
    The cheapest option is a $20 video capture card and a DVD burner for your PC. Most burners come with some simple DVD editing software. The easiest way is a stand alone DVD burner but you already vetoed that idea.

-Robert

3. Levi

Levi Agent

I'm not against getting a DVD recorder to add to my set-up. Would a cheap DVD recorder do a good job for what I want it to do? Is it easy to record from a PVR to a DVD?

--LEVI

4. RyanAB

RyanAB Auditioning

I picked up a Gateway (clone of the Liteon 5001) to do just what you want. I record to the dishdvr and then dump anything I want to dvd. I've been very pleased with the results at the 2hr mode of recording.

5. larry mac

larry mac Stunt Coordinator

Fry's had a DVD recorder on sale for $150 a week or two back.