I have an upset stomach and am taking Pepto Bismol. What's safe to eat?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Scott_J, Apr 16, 2004.

1. Scott_J

Scott_J Cinematographer

As the subject says. I don't want to upset my stomach anymore or throw up again, but I would like to eat something as I haven't eaten in nearly 10 hours, since 10 this morning. All I can think of that'll be "safe" to eat is a couple slices of dry white toast. Any other suggestions? Thanks.

2. Steve Schaffer

Steve Schaffer Producer

How long since you last threw up?? Do you have any abdominal pain?? Do you have any idea what made you sick--bad food, hangover??

If you've been throwing up intermittently for 10 hours and have abdominal pain I'd strongly recommend you find a doctor asap. When this happened to me it turned out to be appendicitis.

If you're pain free and haven't thrown up in the last few hours, try a bit of mild cheese along with that toast or the all-time standby chicken soup.

3. Scott_J

Scott_J Cinematographer

Nothing that bad at all. No abdominal pain. I just threw up once around 4:30 this afternoon, but that's the first time I remember throwing up in years (not related to drinking).
    I'm beginning to thing I'm coming down with something. Shortly after I threw up, my stomach began to feel better. I feel a fever coming on because I've been hot for the past several hours. Thanks for the advice.

4. Bill Cowmeadow

Bill Cowmeadow Second Unit

BRAT

Bananas
    Rice
    Apple Sauce
    Toast

Usually prescribed for children, but works well for adults.

5. Andrew_Sch

Andrew_Sch Cinematographer

Yeah, I read in a Rick Reilly article a few years ago that bananas taste almost the same coming up as they do going down, so I'd go with them.[​IMG] Good luck.