What's new

I Have an Elevated and Paralyzed Right Diaphragm (1 Viewer)

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Feeling a tiny bit robbed by those pictures but allow me to explain. Was sitting at home reading HTF from tapatalk last night and saw where Johnny was talking about the hot nurses and then he posts some pictures that he says "here's a little something for your viewing pleasure". The pictures were not displaying in tapatalk for whatever reason so when I got into work today I was really looking forward to seeing some sultry candystrippers....not!

Glad your doing better Johnny!

Stan

Senior HTF Member
What hospitals are you guys staying in?

Only been hospitalized a few times, last one was nine days in 2008. But I certainly didn't get the nurses you guys did.

Certainly competent, caring and treated me well. But certainly not "lookers".

One was probably in her late '60s, working her last day before retirement.

Another was a Korean woman, mid '20s with the attitude , "I really can't be bothered, what do you need, my break time is coming up".

With that attitude, why did you choose nursing as a career?

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Today's the day after. If you ever have surgery do NOT turn down an epidural. It have little post-op pain and it's due to the epidural.

Bows here's a little something for your viewing pleasure.
I'm quoting myself since I've noticed my typing was less than stellar in this message. Do suppose the epidural had something to do with that? I had my Kindle with me and had planned to do a bunch of reading but instead I preferred to vegetate and doze. I'll pick that over the pain I would have felt.

Epidurals are wonderful. You're not knocked out like a general anesthesia, you're awake, but you don't feel anything. As Johnny said, don't turn it down if you have a choice.

I have a possible back surgery coming up, still in limbo land, sciatica is getting better, but still massive pain that comes and goes, which is better than constant pain. So we wait and see if it gets better. But if it does end up with surgery, definitely going for the epidural
Each of us has decisions to make based on our personal desires. That massive pain would probably push me towards the surgery. Best of luck to you on whatever you decide.

Feeling a tiny bit robbed by those pictures but allow me to explain. Was sitting at home reading HTF from tapatalk last night and saw where Johnny was talking about the hot nurses and then he posts some pictures that he says "here's a little something for your viewing pleasure". The pictures were not displaying in tapatalk for whatever reason so when I got into work today I was really looking forward to seeing some sultry candystrippers....not!

Glad your doing better Johnny!
I humbly apologize for misleading you, that was not my intention. Believe me when I say I had not the mental faculties to do such a thing. The two cute nurses were my first two consecutive nursing shifts and then I was moved of out intensive care to standard care. Never saw them again. I will say the level of care and attention to my needs was generally high.

They must take my vitals about 4 times every 24 hours. When you consider there's a lot of drugged dozing going on, they are always waking me up. The ones at night are the worst. I'm sleeping well and they have to wake me. Arrrgh!

I'm doing better every day. two out of the last 3 days I've only used 2 of my pain pills instead of three. I'm hoping by the weekend I'll be down to one or zero. I got out on a Wednesday and started walking that Friday and have walked at least a mile each day since then. Today, I walked two.

I am getting hints that my breathing will improve. Even a day or two after the surgery, thought breathing was better, at least in the nature of it. Before surgery, putting on shoes and tying shoelaces was a labor that made me breathless, it doesn't now.

It will be months to get back my stamina, but I'm hoping I will run again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors