What's new

I Have an Elevated and Paralyzed Right Diaphragm (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Made it thru the surgery . Surgeon was happy. I'm grated for the epidural. Will post again when anything of note occurs.

Johnny: I am through the moon! That is great news. There is nothing better than having a happy surgeon...

And my day/night nurses are very cute.

...except, maybe, for that! :D

And treat those nurses right...because theirs is the "hand that rocks the cradle." :laugh:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Hmmmmm. Like this?

giphy.gif

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
It's Sunday in the hospital. None of this experience has been an agony , but find myself tired a lot. I hope to get out this Tuesday.

I'll post at least one a day. The epidural I'm getting makes me dizzy, and slows me down but I'm glad I have it.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Well I got out on Wednesday, a day later than I expected. There considerable post-op pain I have drugs (not as good as what I'd get in the hospital, but good enough). I'm taking hydro-cosine (sp) 7.5 mg. I can take one or two every 4 hours. Two is way to much. Every 4 hours seems to be a bit much. I'm hoping to cut down on those pills after a week at home. That would be two weeks after surgery. Pain won't be over by then, but I hope drastically reduced.

I realize now that I made a grave error. I forgot to ask them to do one of those "Hollywood" surgeries. You now, the ones where the hero is grievously wounded in today's episode but is back on the job the following week. I wanted one of surgeries.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Today's the day after. If you ever have surgery do NOT turn down an epidural. It have little post-op pain and it's due to the epidural.

Bows here's a little something for your viewing pleasure.

Epidurals are wonderful. You're not knocked out like a general anesthesia, you're awake, but you don't feel anything. As Johnny said, don't turn it down if you have a choice.

I have a possible back surgery coming up, still in limbo land, sciatica is getting better, but still massive pain that comes and goes, which is better than constant pain. So we wait and see if it gets better. But if it does end up with surgery, definitely going for the epidural

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors