What's new

I have an appointment for LASIK on Friday, 8-22 (1 Viewer)

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
A teddy bear?!?! :laugh: That's funny! I didn't get a teddy bear although they do give everyone a Valium before the surgery. Glad to hear that your surgery went well. I really didn't think that the surgery was unpleasant at all. It was just a little weird to have someone poking at your eyeball and not being able to feel it.

My results have been great so far. I've still got a little blurriness on occasion but the doctor said that your vision can fluctuate for up to 3 months after the surgery. I'd definitely recommend Lasik to anyone! :emoji_thumbsup:

Hugh Jackes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Hugh Jackes
Yes, they did give me a valium beforehand and then a teddy to hold in my hands while they worked on me. He took a heck of a beating.

I guess this is the 21st century, Oprahized equivalent of the old cowboy biting a bullet while his pard removed the arrow from his leg.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
I like reading these threads. I would be wearing coke bottles but I'm wearing contacts instead. LASIK had me interested five years ago but I wanted to see the technology mature. Despite some inherent dangers (to everything in life not just this) I can tell by the tone of the various threads and by people's responses over time that they are getting better at the procedure.

I hope to undergo LASIK (or a similar procedure) within the next 2-3 years.

Please keep posting your experiences - it gives me hope for the future!

Thanks!

Hugh Jackes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Hugh Jackes
Here's an update for my forum friends:

I had my one-week, post-op checkup on Friday afternoon. My vision tested at 20/15, both eyes. I'm done with the antibiotic drops, the anti-inflammatory drops (not that I had any infection or any noticeable inflammation), and the restrictions on swimming and heavy exertion. I'm still using the artificial tears, per the doctor's orders, four times a day, but I do it because he told me to, not because I feel any dryness in my eyes.

No noticeable halos at night. No noticeable dryness. No discomfort. I still do not need reading glasses (LASIK patients in their 40s commonly do need reading glases). Better than perfect vision. Colors are brighter and crisper. All-in-all, a rousing success.

Kyle Richardson

Screenwriter
The place I had mine done says that they need to replace the teddy bear every couple weeks because the poor thing takes such a beating :D

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
Glad to hear it Hugh! My Wife and I have had the exact same results and are extremely happy with the whole experience. Definitely recommended! :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks