I have absolutely had it!!!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JohnnyP, Jun 28, 2001.

1. JohnnyP

JohnnyP Auditioning

I was looking to go satellite anyway, but I got my digital cable bill yesterday, which showed a price increase of $9 per month for cable plus 1 movie channel. That brings me now to $64 per month. No way am I going to continue to pay that for cable!!!
    Based on what I have read here so far, I have determined that I would like to get a Dish network system. I would also like to take advantage of the new subscriber deals that are out there. I do not yet have an HDTV set-up, although I will be adding one shortly. I also need two receivers.
    So, can any of you kind folks recommend the best system for me? I will pay a little more now to get the HD dish and receiver in order to get it under a new sub deal.
    I plan on doing the install myself, and seem to have found the best deals at Universal electronicswww.dbs-sales.com, but am certainly open to a better deal if I can find one.
    Thanks in advance for the help, and apologies for the long message.

2. JoeMA

JoeMA Auditioning

JohnnyP,
    The Home Theatre SPot forum has a group buy going on with AllSat to purchase the Dish 6000 receiver and the two dishes needed for regular and HD:http://www.AllSat.Com./product.shtml
    Ask for Ben at AllSat. They are offering the whole thing for $349. plus $99. for the 8SVB OTA module and also a $199. rebate for new subscribers to Dish which means it actually costs $150.(+$99. for the 8SVB)
    My order is shipping tomorrow.

3. Mark_Graham

Mark_Graham Extra

I also bought my Dish Network system from Ben at allsat. Definitely a good company and knowledgable as well. Best of luck.

4. Larry Schneider

Larry Schneider Second Unit

There are plenty of advertised specials for DirecTV with free installation.

5. JohnnyP

JohnnyP Auditioning

Thanks for the replies!! I hadn't heard of AllSat, but definitely like their prices. That $349 deal is at least $50 off anything else I've seen, plus you save money on the 8vsb thing.
    I just have to decide whether to get the HD dish (6023) now, or wait a year or so until I get an actual HD TV.
    Any thoughts? Thanks!

6. Chad Beaudin

Chad Beaudin Agent

I got my Dish Network setup from dbs-sales.com back in April. They had the best prices around. Should be getting my $200 rebate soon. I would go through them again, as well as recomend them.
    ------------------

7. JohnnyP

JohnnyP Auditioning

Thanks Chad! I called DBS-sales this morning. Unfortunately for me, they said that they are no longer offering he rebate (ended 2 weeks ago), but that prices had dropped to compensate. Dunno, as a comparison it seems that I can get a dual receiver 4922 set-up for $58 after rebate from allsat, but it is $178 from DBS. Go figure.
    Still trying to decide whether to go HD or not for now.

8. LDfan

LDfan Supporting Actor

9. DarrellP

DarrellP Stunt Coordinator

Johnny, go for it. I bought my 6000 in January and still don't have an HD set. I am watching all the HD via the SD output on the 6000 and the picture quality is DVD! You won't regret it, especially if you have access to several HD OTA channels (I have 6 in my area).
    Enjoy!
    ------------------
    "I want my HD Set"

10. Chad Beaudin

Chad Beaudin Agent

Johnny, it seemed like they did this last time. My offer ended April 30th, then the started another deal 2-3 weeks later. You may want to hold on and see if the do another.
    BTY, I got my $199 rebate check a couple days ago. So it did take like 8 weeks, but it did go through.
    ------------------

11. Dale Rabeneck

Dale Rabeneck Auditioning

You and I are in the same boat.
    I wanted a better local quality signal and called AT&T to see what could be done. They said buy Digital Cable. It will make a world of difference. Well, it doesn't much change the analog version of the locals - and they charge a lot to boot!
    Last week I finally made my selection. DISH and the 6000. I installed the system over the weekend. Very, very satisfied. I went towww.dishdepot.com - based upon the recommendations on this board and others. Very good service.
    I'm very happy with my choice. I trust you will be also.
    ------------------
    ----------------
    Dale Rabeneck
    [email protected]