What's new

I have a wierd and stupid problem..need help.. (1 Viewer)

Scott Strang

Screenwriter
I'm totally serious about this question too. Sometimes when I'm talking to another person I will, for some unknown reason, spit a very tiny about of saliva out of my mouth. It had never hit anyone until today and she was a young lady. I was embarrassed but she simply giggled which is good since I work with her.

What can cause this? Is it excess salivation? Will chewing gum help reduce it?

My guess is that no one else here ever has this problem.

Thanks all

Julie K

Screenwriter
Huh, I thought this was pretty common. Ever hear the phrase "Say it, don't spray it" ?

At least that's what we used to say when I was much younger and we were all a lot more insensitive.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
yeah, this happens all the time. heck, i've done it too.

simply put, you have too much saliva in your mouth. do you do this *all* the time or is it rare?

if it happens all the time, i guess you need to make a conscious effort to swallow before (and during) speech. not sure if there is some medical alternative or not.

if it's a rare accident, don't worry about it. you're not the first.

Hunter P

Screenwriter
Weird and stupid answer to your weird and stupid problem:

Maybe you should spit on the ground just before beginning a conversation with someone. Or you can store a silica packet in your mouth, like chewing tobacco (just don't swallow.)

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Are you sure you are talking about "spit", this sounds more like when you shoot saliva out like a stream. This has a name and there was even a recent thread discussing it, but I can't remember the name right now.

Some people can control it and produce it on demand, but for most of us it only happens occassionally on accident. Yawning or any opening of the mouth like that seems to be a prime situation for it to happen.

I don't think he is describing a situation, where saliva flies from your lips, usually in a heated bit of speaking/yelling, so I don't think its a case of too much saliva in the mouth, etc. I mean that's so common I wouldn't even expect someone to ask about it, while the old "water fountain from the mouth" thing is a bit odd and slightly unusual.

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member

He could tell her that his (imaginary) sister is too poor to buy some pants, so he can ask Roxanne for a pair. Then, once he gets the pants, he can try them on!

As for that involuntary saliva shower - well, if your coworker giggled, maybe she likes you?

Daren Welsh

Supporting Actor

Not sure what the thread had, but it's called "gleeking". We used to do it all the time back in middle school (on purpose). We'd even have contests to see who could gleek the farthest.

Philip_T

Supporting Actor

Whoa, I thought that we were the only ones that called it Gleeking in my middle school. We too, would have contests, or ambush the poor sucker sitting in the desk in front of you. :b

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
was called gleeking up here too. and i do it involuntarily a lot, cant say that i have hit someone yet!

CJ

Eric_L

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric
Just trace a cross on them and bless them after your impromptu baptism.

If you can't laugh at yourself, make fun of other people.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation636
Recent bookmarks