What's new

I Have a Tremor in my Left Arm (1 Viewer)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Change in sleep -- more snoring, more night awakening, sleepwalking. Have you been checked for sleep apnea or similar sleep issues? Very common in 50-60yo+ though a bit odd to show up suddenly for no reason
I have had sleep apnea for years and sleep well with my cpap. I’ve had my current machine or 4+ years. I sleep well with it. My wife will ask if I heard the thunder last night and I go “what thunder?” She hasn’t complained about snoring in a longtime.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Tremor -- does your wife see it when you're sleeping, is it just when you are tired or worse when you are tired, mostly (or least) right after waking up, just when you are not doing something with the hand/arm or only when you are trying to do something (resting vs intention tremor) or does it seem to be there all the time,
Fatigue may make it a little worse. If I’m walking and have something in my left hand it will happen. It’s forearm down. I’m right handed, other wise this would be causing problems. I could probably play baseball with a mitt in my left hand. Yeah, I can hold and use eating utensils.
Just your hand/fingers or includes forearm, elbow, upper arm too. If you're lefthanded does it cause trouble writing? or in general trouble doing things with your left hand -- holding knife/fork, tools, just holding things at all

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
In mid November, 2019, I was sick with the flu and when I came out of it I had the exhaustion and it’s stayed with me since.

I'll say it. Have you had a COVID test? Remember, we don't really know with any precision exactly when this whole thing started and your symptoms do seem to fall in that general category. besides, what's the harm. I'm getting one tomorrow and I have no symptoms whatsoever.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I'll say it. Have you had a COVID test? Remember, we don't really know with any precision exactly when this whole thing started and your symptoms do seem to fall in that general category. besides, what's the harm. I'm getting one tomorrow and I have no symptoms whatsoever.
Yes, I took it last week and I was negative. The test only determines if you are currently infected as I understand it. If I had it prior, it wouldn’t know that. I think the antibody test determines if you’ve had covid previously. It seems a stretch to think I could have had it in November. Hasn’t it been determined that the first US case was January or February?

I will bring this up with my PCP on Monday.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
...but you might have gotten it subsequently. The symptoms have such a wide range, you might have been mildly symptomatic.

FWIW, regarding the tremor, I recently had an employee who had such a severe tremor in one hand, I swore she must have parkinson's, but nope. I don't know if it's been narrowed down, but it is definitely not parkinson's

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I had forgotten about this thread. Here’s an update.

I recently saw my neurologist. After an exam, he has now decided I have Parkinson’s. He is prescribing no treatment at this time. I asked him what has changed since my last appointment to which he replied that he has changed his mind. I haven’t changed so much, but his diagnosis has changed. He said he could run tests to confirm that are expensive, but since a positive diagnosis wouldn’t change the course of treatment, he saw no reason to do them.

The current treatment is nothing.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
My paternal grandmother had Parkinson’s as did one of my dads brothers, however, theirs was more advanced. It sounds like maybe yours isn’t very advanced. Perhaps it will be slow to progress?

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
I had forgotten about this thread. Here’s an update.

I recently saw my neurologist. After an exam, he has now decided I have Parkinson’s. He is prescribing no treatment at this time. I asked him what has changed since my last appointment to which he replied that he has changed his mind. I haven’t changed so much, but his diagnosis has changed. He said he could run tests to confirm that are expensive, but since a positive diagnosis wouldn’t change the course of treatment, he saw no reason to do them.

The current treatment is nothing.
That stinks Johnny. How is the fatigue issue?
Still the same. No one knows why.
I'm so sorry, Johnny! :( Hopefully, the Parkinson's will be slow to progress like Clinton suggested.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks