I have a thing for mediocre looking women

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeff Rogers, Dec 8, 2001.

1. Jeff Rogers

Jeff Rogers Second Unit

Is this odd? Theres just something about a plain looking girl that I'm attracted to. I 'd say that I don't generally aim low in terms of looks-but there are some girls I am attracted to that none of my friends remotely would touch.
    I certainly think that there are some gorgeous women out there also, but if I had the choice sometimes I would pick the normal, in between girl. [​IMG]
    Thats cool. Right?

2. Jon_B

Jon_B Screenwriter

I guess, as long as you don't tell the girl that.

Jon

3. Darren Davis

Darren Davis Stunt Coordinator

^ hahahahhahaaha

Yeah, that's cool. Those girls need someone, too and if you want them then, "to each his own."

4. MikeH1

MikeH1 Screenwriter

Actually, I'm with Jeff on this one. I'm not talking about the real gross kind of woman with no personality, but myself I like a decent looking girl with a decent bod.

Them hotties, as fun as they are late on a Saturday night, can be very high maintenance and very very spoiled. And they know their looks will get them what they want. I don't mean this of all hot women but they can be very materialistic and you have to play their game just to be seen with a pretty face.

When you can find one that isn't like this, you hang on!!

I'll take a honest, down to earth decent woman anyday

5. Tom-G

Tom-G Screenwriter

Tom G
    Jeff,

Go for it! I always have believed in the cliche "beauty is in the eye of the beholder." Just because your friends and you don't agree on one girl being good-looking, doesn't mean she isn't beautiful.

It takes more than looks for a girl to be attractive, though. I've dated some gorgeous girls, but ended up not being attracted to them because of their personalities.

6. Jeff Rogers

Jeff Rogers Second Unit

I don't need to worry about telling them because I do find them attractive, it's just other people that don't

sometimes

And Michael is right.....I'm not talking about gross, 3 eyeball sickly women. Just normal, no outstanding attributes.

7. SteveGon

SteveGon Executive Producer

I find "plain-looking" women attractive as well. They're usually easier to get along with for one thing. I've went out with a few "barbie-doll" types and they were a pain in the ass. Of course, If Emmy Beart were to suddenly show up on my doorstep... [​IMG]

8. Jon_B

Jon_B Screenwriter

Okay, I get what your saying Jeff. Who cares what your friends think. Just be glad you don't have to worry about your friends trying to make a move on your girlfriend.

Jon

9. JohanK

JohanK Second Unit

Nothing wrong with mopeds.

10. Shawn McBride

Shawn McBride Stunt Coordinator

I'm with you Jeff. I really don't see what the big deal is with the bombshell types most guys drool over. My wife is short and cute and that works for me (but don't tell her I said that she's short [​IMG]).
    At the gym where we work out there I see lots of "hot" girls and then look at my wife and think " [​IMG] "...
    Shawn.

11. Jeffrey Noel

Jeffrey Noel Screenwriter

Shawn, I think the same thing when I look at your wife! [​IMG]
    Hehehe!

12. McPaul

McPaul Screenwriter

Paul M
    Mediocre? hmmmm...
    I keep thinking back to the song "California Girls". Ok here.... we know the southern girls and the northern girls, the east coast girls, and the california girls, but what did they say about the Nebraska girls? "Mediocre?" [​IMG]

13. Danny Tse

Danny Tse Producer

I am attracted to the average plain-looking women as well. They are just more "real" to me.

14. Sean Conklin

Sean Conklin Screenwriter

Now were talkin' this is my kinda thread!

I have always been attracted to the "Sleeper Hotties" The ones with glasses that do not flaunt it because they think they don't have it, but in my eyes they are HOT! There are some real plain Janes out there that make me ...uh ...well you know.

I would take a glasses wearing, conservatively dressed sleeper over any Barbie or Pamela Anderson type.....know what I mean?

15. SalMaglie

SalMaglie Stunt Coordinator

I'll take WKRP's Bailey over that trophy secretary anyday of the week. It's like that age old question...Ginger or Mary Ann?

16. Travis D

Travis D Second Unit

Ah, the power of suggestion. There is one girl a my school who I think is just amazing, but not one guy at school will touch her. Not one. It's not like she's the glasses hipster type either. She's blonde, and well.... stacked to say the least. Very feminine figure and has a cute personality. Yet almost every guy hates her. However I will not let their judgment bias me into changing my views. I'll hope to make the moves soon, very soon.

I also asked around to see if she fell into the lesbian, disease, or shemale folder, but a no on all accounts. Baffling.

17. Sean Conklin

Sean Conklin Screenwriter

18. Rob Gillespie

Rob Gillespie Producer

Thinking someone is beautiful does not necessarily mean you find them attractive.

I remember seeing one, absolutely stunning brunnette at a party. I mean, she was like ..... WOAH! Of course, when she opened her mouth and started talking with a voice and personality of a velociraptor, the attractive went downhill fast.

19. Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina Executive Producer

I don't think I'd call the girls I'm attracted to plain or mediocre. But I do prefer that down-to-earth type of girl, the one that you could take home to mama, and probably not catch walking the runways in Paris.
    Of course, I drool over Laetitia Casta, who does walk those very runways... [​IMG]

20. Rob Gillespie

Rob Gillespie Producer

Some of the high-fashion models I find to be extremely plain and uninteresting, purely from a looks perspective. Some of them are pretty, but they all have a very 'unapproachable' look about them.

I'd rather take Kate Winslet home any day.