What's new

I have a thing for *interesting* women. (1 Viewer)

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Looks, ultimately, are irrelevant. It's what's inside that counts.

However, regarding those two current threads concerning physical appearance: the California bathing-beauty, cheesecake kinda stuff really leaves me cold. And the icey, anorexic beauty of runway models leaves me equally as chilly.

I'm attracted to interesting features--not necessarily symmetrical perfection. To give an example, consider actress Andie McDowell. She is a total turn-on--yet in no way would she be considered "flawlessly" beautiful.

Most of all, it's the eyes: Is there intelligence lurking from within them? That "sells" me every time.

Bottom line: I am attracted not necessarily to a "beautiful" woman, but to one with interesting imperfections.

Bhagi Katbamna

Supporting Actor
I am sure perspective changes as people age. When I was younger 14-28(or so) I thought only about stunners. Now that I am 35, "real" women appeal more to me. I have been married for the past 12 yrs. so am out of circulation though.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Watched Bridget Jones's Diary recently thanks to mein fuhrer sorry I mean mein fraulein, and I thought Renee Zellweger looked quite interesting in the movie, a bit on the chubby side, cute but not beautiful, found I really fancied her as she was in that movie, had to loosen my sporran halfway thru the movie, she was dead sexy, its greet mon, oh yeah I'd give her one, och aye! :D
The moral of this tale, girls don't have to look like Baywatch babes to turn on this horny 38 year old, Mein Fuhrer I can walk!!

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
I've always been attracted to funny women. Not funny looking, but funny comedicly. The girls on SNL (espicially Tina Fey) are very attractive. The women in my improv group ( www.comedycity.cc ) are very beautiful. I even thought Ellen Degeneres was hot, until . . .

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I find that a woman with fairly attractive looks and a great personality is much more desireable than the most stunning beauty with a bad or even average personality. I like them outgoing, friendly (very important), and nice.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Back in high school, when Breakfast Club, 16 Candles, etc. were all the rage, I thought Molly Ringwald was captivating. I don't know what it was, but I thought she was very attractive.

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
Well, with the exception of the fact that I go for boys instead of girls, I'm with you guys on this one.
I know many people who go for the really hot girls with the big rack or the Brad Pitt lookalike boys who attend the gym 7 days a week. The way I figure it...anyone who has time to go to the gym 7 days a week can't have too many other interests. :laugh:
My friends always tell me that the people I'm attracted to are "gross" or "ugly" or something. Geez, just because someone doesn't pluck their eyebrows to perfection doesn't mean they are ugly. :rolleyes
What strikes me as odd is, if my taste is so against the grain, and nobody else seems to agree with me, why am I single? You'd think there would be tons of people out there that I like that nobody else wants. :laugh:
Guess it doesn't quite work that way.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Something tells me, Rain, that you go for the proverbial heart of gold--for what's inside. We should all be so lucky to find such a trait in a suitor.

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
Are you hitting on me, Jack? :laugh::laugh::laugh:
Just kidding, of course.
I also think that the woman who eventually gets you will be very fortunate indeed.
Just one thing though...can you say what you just said to the boy in Mexico that I love? :)

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
consider actress Andie McDowell
You mean former model and Revlon girl, Andie McDowell? She was a model before being an actress.

If you want to talk about someone that I've always found attractive but isn't conventionally beautiful, then I'd say Lili Tayor.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Looks like Chad put the kibosh on my Andie McDowell illustration! I'll come up with a better example. Lemme think, lemme think.

And it hit me last night: I hope this thread doesn't come off like some huge personals ad! Not really in the market, so to speak (in between dealing with my psychotic ex-wife who's trying to get back into my life and a much-more-appealing [and stable] graphic design artist named Sandra--who, like Steve Christou's Sandra, is of German descent).

Oh, the tangled webs we weave. ...

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
If I was going to change teams, so to speak, my fantasy woman would be Claire Danes. Cute, yes, but hardly the hottest babe on the planet. There's my female example for the day. :D
By the way, Jack, glad to hear you got back in touch with the woman! Best of luck with that. :)

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Thanks! If her schedule permits (she has picked up some freelance work in addition to her main job), she will accompany me to the December 21 screening of a certain film playing in 70mm at The Egyptian Theatre in Hollywood.

The ex-wife? Man, keep her away from sharp objects of any sort.

Brad_W

Screenwriter
Here's my flame baiting opinion on things:

This goes both ways for guys and gals, but I'll use gals as my example:

Really out-of-this-world hot girls are typically lower in the interesting scale because they have become accostomed to men falling at their heels and lavishing their every want and need without so much as a word from the ROOTWHG (see first six words of this paragraph for translation). They don't have to work for the attention of many men because their beauty is what instantly attracts them. The not-so-really-out-of-this-world-hot-girl has more time to expand her interests/vocabulary/intellect because she is not so busy with the 12 or so guys that are at her doorstep.

This is the girl that will prove to be a better match because she has much more to offer in a relationship. You can carry a deeper conversation, watch deeper films, and argue about deeper subjects. The ROOTWHG tends to be more superficial, not nessessarily by default, but because that is what she may have become more accostomed to due to her excessive popularity with men. The NSROOTWHG would be considered more intellectually stimulating both in regards to a deeper personality and ideology. So, more ROOTWH-men are typically seen with these women because their intellects and interests are matched and vice-versa. This also leads to the infamous idea that men like to more or less "bed" these women (ROOTWHG) than commit to long term relationships with them. Thus, stimulating the idea that "men are pigs."

Is what I am saying completely true? no.

Am I saying that all hot women are dumb? no.

Am I saying that this generalization applies to everyone? Definately not.

What I am saying is that ROOTWHG sometimes are not "interesting" because they may feel they don't need to be because they rely more on their appearance (a superfical ideology), whereas a NSROOTWHG may rely not only on her looks, but personality as well.

Again, I reiterate that nothing that I have said is completely true, just my opinion on some people that I've met in my life. Also, this is not just referring to women, but men also.

To me, my wife is very hot and she is intellectually stimulating, a great sense of humor (only matched or exceeds my own), a great conversationalist, etc. and that is why I married her. Is she what I described in my earlier statesments about ROOTWHG? Nope, she proves me wrong.

This is definatley more just an idea to kick around.

Okay, let the flames begin.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks