I have a question about the closing logos on Warner's TV-on-DVD properties...

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by John Kilduff, Mar 28, 2004.

1. John Kilduff

John Kilduff Screenwriter

If you watch shows like "The Ellen DeGeneres Show", you'll notice that the ending WB logo plays a brief snippet of "As Time Goes By", just like the current movie logo.

My question is: Is the "As Time Goes By" logo used at the end of any of Warner Home Entertainment's TV-on-DVD properties? I know that Warner isn't exactly the best at preserving old logos, and this was on my mind.

I like the current Warner TV logo and music, but it would be jarring to hear the brief snippet after an episode of "Wonder Woman" or "Dallas" (both of which are scheduled to be released this year, according to what I've read here and at TVShowsOnDVD).

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

Who, for fun, hums the closing themes of Warner TV properties, and then hums the current logo to get the feel of what it would sound like.

2. ScottR

ScottR Cinematographer

Wonder Woman will probably use the Warner Bros. Shield logo with www.warnerbros.com at the bottom, but without the "As Time Goes By" music; the "Wonder Woman" theme will spill over into the logo (Wonder Woman was originally seen with the Warner "W" logo over a red background.) Similarly, Dukes of Hazzard will have the new logo, sans "Goes By" in favor of the end of the theme with Roscoe's goofy laugh. As far as Dallas goes, there is a slim possibility that it will contain the now-defunct Lorimar logo, with the silent WB Shield at the end. Surprisingly, Warner has been restoring or keeping original endings to tv shows. Scooby-Doo has the original, rare Hanna-Barbera logo from 1969 and 1970, while Gilligan's Island retains its in-credit UA and CBS logos.

3. Jeff Jacobson

Jeff Jacobson Cinematographer

But according to The Flinstones thread, they removed the ABC logo from The Flinstones.

4. MatthewA

MatthewA Lead Actor

Matthew
    ABC logos were not in the negatives. They were put on the prints by the networks.

Do you mean Screen Gems?

5. Jeff Jacobson

Jeff Jacobson Cinematographer

I haven't seen them myself, I'm just reporting what someone wrote there. But it was an ABC logo that was removed by cutting a few seconds from the end of each show and altering the music.

6. Jay Pennington

Jay Pennington Screenwriter

That isn't how they did it in those days. A complete 30 min. reel, ads, logos and all, would be delivered to the network and they'd just let it run.