I have a Marantz 7300. Can I do this?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by David Preston, Jul 4, 2003.

1. David Preston

David Preston Supporting Actor

I have a Marantz 7300 and it is enclosed in my entertainment center which has lights inside each side to light up the cabinet. My question is can I plug the cord to the lights into the outlet on the back of the receiver. If I do this won't the light come on everytime I turn the receiver on? If I do this is there any chance on messing something up? Thanks in advance.

2. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    First: yes, you can do this. Check the current draw on the lights, and the current provided outlet on the back of the receiver. The manual also tells you max current that can be plugged into the unit. I think the amount of draw will not be an issue.

Second: yes, the lights will come on everytime you turn the receviver on.

Third: It should not cause a problem, though it is not a great idea, as you could introduce noise into the system. Try it out, and if there is no noise, I'd say you are probably fine. If they are flourescent, do not do this.

3. David Preston

David Preston Supporting Actor

Thanks John It's a real small light I don't think it draws much power at all. My receiver says 120 watt max. This should be ok right?

4. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    I don't see why not. As I mentioned, try it out. If you don't hear any background noise, you're good to go.