I have a defective Fox Studio DVD - can I return it?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by AnitaPeterson, Nov 5, 2002.

1. AnitaPeterson

AnitaPeterson Stunt Coordinator

Hi there,

I played recently my FOX "Jewel of the Nile" DVD, and noticed that the image breaks down and becomes pixelated with very ugly results, for several seconds, around the end of Chapter 14 and beginning of Chapter 15 (time - 1:08:30 to 1:11:00).

The disc itself is extremely clean, and I must say that I've never seen this happening before. I tried to play it several times, to make sure it wasn't a fluke, and the pixelization still occurs.

Am I having a defective disc? Can somebody else please check their copy and let me know if I ended up buying the only crappy disc in the bunch?

And what am I supposed to do now? Does the studio change defective discs? I'd really hate to have to buy a new copy, since I'm doing really bad these days in terms of money...

2. Brian E

Brian E Screenwriter

Try it in another player if you can. How long ago did you buy it? You should be able to exchange it at your retailer. Fox seems pretty good about helping their customers so you could call their CS at 1-888 223 2369.