I Have A Bone To Pick With Max Payne (Yes This Relates To Movies)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Andrew_Sch, Mar 8, 2002.

1. Andrew_Sch

Andrew_Sch Cinematographer

The damn game may very well have ruined The Usual Suspects for me. If you've played it, you may remember that two of the guards were discussing great movie endings and one of them says something to the effect of, "How about the Usuals Suspects, whereSpacey walks out of the police station and loses the limp
    . I hope the experience won't be too thoroughly diminished for me when I watch it tomorrow. BTW, don't play this game if you haven't seen Seven, it reveals that ending too[​IMG]

2. Iain Jackson

Iain Jackson Second Unit

That happened to me as well, and yes, it does remove a lot of the impact from the entire film. Even though everybody I know loves the film, I just couldn't get worked up about it because I knew the ending beforehand.

3. Andrew_Sch

Andrew_Sch Cinematographer

I say we sue Rockstar[​IMG]

4. Mark Maltais

Mark Maltais Stunt Coordinator

Mark
    I must have missed something here?? How does this end like Seven?? Are you talking about the PC game or a console? Is the console game different or have a different ending from the PC game???

5. Tom Ryan

Tom Ryan Screenwriter

Basically........in a certain part of the game, you sneak up behind two guards who are talking about movie endings. They mention Butch Cassidy And The Sundance Kid, The Usual Suspects, Se7en, etc. and give away all endings. I also had the ending for The Usual Suspects ruined, though not by this game [​IMG].
    -Tom

6. Ryan B

Ryan B Agent

I remember the day The Phanton Menace came out. I'd been pretty good about avoiding any spoilers because I wanted to experience it all first hand.

The debut morning I'm sitting at my computer listening to the Fox News morning show (don't ask me why). They're talking to this annoying radio DJ (who had been to a midnight showing) and he says something to the effect "too bad both Qui-Gon and Darth Maul die at the end".

What I would have given to be able to reach throught the TV and strangle the life out of that guy.

7. Brian_J

Brian_J Second Unit

The worst thing is that when you have such a suprise ending to an incredibly good film like The Usual Suspects or Fight Club ruined, their is a certain experience you will never ever have with that movie, which others who did not know the ending will. Its a very bad thing.

Brian

8. Jamie E

Jamie E Stunt Coordinator

You guys missed the point though... Since you were eavesdropping on them, as soon as they started talking about the ending to a movie you haven't seen, you should have jumped out and blasted them! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Tony_Faville

Tony_Faville Supporting Actor

I never gave the guards enough time to ruin anything for me...I always hit 'em with a molotov and stand there watching 'em burn. [​IMG]

10. Phil Florian

Phil Florian Screenwriter

Though, to be fair to the game, it isn't like these movies were just released. If you haven't heard the endings yet in everyday conversations, on the radio, or even in other movies, you have been lucky. Please tell me you at least know the surprise in Crying Game ! [​IMG]
    Phil