What's new

I have a 55” TCL that I’m thinking of wall mounting... (1 Viewer)

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
...and I’ve never had reason to wall mount a TV before. It can’t be that hard, right? Or will I be cursing my wretched existence by the end of the process?

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Depends on your skill at doing that kind of thing. It’s really a very simple thing to do, if you have the tools to find the studs and properly drill and level the bracket.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
And make certain your bracket is sufficient for the size of the TV, and is compatible with the VESA spacing on the TV. A TV that size will require a bracket that has two vertical rails on the TV.

Mike2001

Premium
Real Name
Mike
I’ve wall mounted three TVs. None were that bad (although I can‘t say there was no cursing involved). Needed help with the 77” one to get it on the rack because that one was heavy. I only hid the cables in the wall for one. That added another layer of complexity, but we had the wall open for another project so I figured why not.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Depends on your skill at doing that kind of thing. It’s really a very simple thing to do, if you have the tools to find the studs and properly drill and level the bracket.

Sounds good. I’ve done all of those things separately, just never in this combination.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I’ve wall mounted three TVs. None were that bad (although I can‘t say there was no cursing involved). Needed help with the 77” one to get it on the rack because that one was heavy. I only hid the cables in the wall for one. That added another layer of complexity, but we had the wall open for another project so I figured why not.

I mean, if you can’t curse during it, what’s the point? :)

I’m not looking for pretty (fortunately). Only going to be in this new space for about a year but mounting the TV solves so many problems with making the room work.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
I mean, if you can’t curse during it, what’s the point? :)

I’m not looking for pretty (fortunately). Only going to be in this new space for about a year but mounting the TV solves so many problems with making the room work.

I dunno... If you're only planning to be there for another year why wall mount a TV considering you'll need to repair the wall prior to vacating the space. That said, I have several wall-mounted TV's in my home but I also have no plans of selling anytime soon.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
In this case, the wall mounting is the lesser of two evils. It’s the only way to make everything fit in an odd shaped room without buying new furniture. And let’s just say the landlord has no objection and no expectation of it being repaired on my way out.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
In this case, the wall mounting is the lesser of two evils. It’s the only way to make everything fit in an odd shaped room without buying new furniture. And let’s just say the landlord has no objection and no expectation of it being repaired on my way out.
That last key bit makes all the difference! You can also think of this wall mounting experience as a dress rehearsal for when you may want to do a similar project for a longer term. Good luck with your wall mounting project, Josh! :)

CHEERS! :)

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I think it will! And, as luck would have it, my dad has the same TV I do and wall mounted his, so I can steal all of his research and just get whatever he got. About time I get to steal a relative’s electronics research instead of them mooching off of mine :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks