What's new

I have 5.1 speaker setups. Which should I get rid of? Paradigm or NHT (1 Viewer)

Kevin_Roy

Grip
I currently have in my posession two 5.1 speaker setups. I need to part with one due to economic reasons. I am keeping my Servo-15 sub. I went on a Home Theater buying spree last year. Opinions anyone? I am running a Denon AVR4802 into Outlaw 750.

System # 1

Paradigm Studio Ref 60's - Mains

Paradigm Studio Ref 20's - Rears

Paradigm Studio CC - Center

System # 2

NHT 2.5i

NHT 1.5

NHT AudioCenter - 2

ColinM

Senior HTF Member
The only thing that's gonna happen here is the Para/NHT camps will both try to get you to go one way or the other.

Words from a board can't compare to your own preferences, and considering the fact that you are the first person I've ever heard of that wants a system face-off AND has the stuff in-house, I don't know why you don't just listen to both and decide for yourself.

If you need the money, cruise Ebay and see what sells for what.

- CM

Nick L

Second Unit
Thats a toughy, both great systems! I would sit down with some music and decide which set of mains are your favorite and keep that setup. Let us know what you decide.

Dmitry

Supporting Actor
An interesting exception -- a Paradigm vote from NHT camp :) For HT AudioCenter-2 is not a very good match for 2.5i, AC-1 would be better. Your Paradigm setup seems to be better balanced in that regard. But really, you should just keep the one that sounds better to you.

Mike_T_

Stunt Coordinator
Oh this is a classic thread...just waiting for a battle of brands. I own Paradigm, but haven't heard NHT. Just like the wisdom I read above, just listen to them. Music, all kinds, as well as Home Theater. Action movies and quiet drama flicks. Then YOU won't be disappointed some day because Joe home theater said Paradigm was better and you end up not liking it. Besides, what does Joe know about what sounds good to you?

Ned

Supporting Actor
You should throw them both away and get B+W.
Hehe, the b+w camp sneaks in :)

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I own Paradigm, but I like NHT. I think the NHTs are a tad more accurate, but I would not put those two setups in the same league. I would keep the Studios because I like the way they sound better, and as mentioned, you have a more complete/matched setup with them.

Kevin_Roy

Grip
Thanks to everyone for the insight. I am leaning towards keeping the Paradigm setup. I guess the reason for my wavering on which speakers, is due to the fact thatI am trying to justify my Home Theater addiction to my bride to be. The good thing is that we were recently in the Home Theater Store recently in Austin, Tx. She was really excited at seeing the Mitsubishi WS-65869. The "SO" commented how she would like to have that set. I swear, I have never come so close to having a heart attack in my life. I feel I am slowing coverting her.

ColinM

Senior HTF Member
Chick friendly flicks help.

HT is often so soaked in testosterone that it's no wonder the ladies get sick of it.

I make sure to include a 2:1 ratio of guy vs. girl material in my Netflix lineup.

It keeps her pleasantly suprised, and keeps me from getting bored with the same old action flicks I seem not to be able to stay away from.

I'm a NHT guy, but I'd say NHT's are better suited for music. I will keep my modest setup of Ones and Zeros, tho, since I'm 60/40 mu/mo...

Good Luck

- CM

RichardH

Supporting Actor
Hey Kevin, my parents bought their Mitsu Widescreen from that very store in Austin!! They've really enjoyed it for the year they've had it; I'm sure you'll love yours.

Mark_R

Agent
I haven't heard the NHTs; but the Paradigm system is exactly what I'm saving up for (60s, 20s, & center). I would ask for an offer, but I just put in an order today for an SVS and won't be able to buy any other speakers for a while. :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks