What's new

I hate when store change around their floor format. (1 Viewer)

StephenA

Screenwriter
March of last year Wal-Mart did it here when they got the grocery department. I still haven't got used to it, especially with the electronics and toys departments. It's been like it is over a year and I still can't find what I'm looking for.

Best Buy changed their DVD section around recently too. I went in there to go look at the sci-fi/horror section and they moved it 2 isles over and added alot more anime titles. I had to re-adjust myself to it, and to memorie where they are again. They also moved the other isles of the DVD section down. It seems to me that they downsized
the sci-fi/horror section to make room for the other genres of movies.

Toys R Us also changed recently. Talk about misuse of space. They have isles going every which way now, making it claustrophic. They severely cut down their electronics department too.

It really irks me when stores do this, especially when the store was fine and more efficient before. I don't get it when they try to make the store more modern or futuristic looking. Is it so they attract more customers? I guess I just hate change.

Jeff R.

Stunt Coordinator
I think stores move things around occasionally to force people to look around for things. The more things they get you to look at, the greater the chance you might buy something on impulse.

Jeffrey Noel

Screenwriter
Hell, I hate it when clothing stores change the men's and women's clothes to opposite sides! Sometimes I have a hard enough time figuring out which side is which, and now they make it even more difficult! Bastards!!!! :)

Mark Kalzer

Second Unit
It seems like such a trivial thing, but YES! It's annoying! My local Chapters (big bookstore) changed around from their original configuration like two years ago, and I STILL have no gotten used to it. Sheesh, I loved the original layout! Had not one problem with it! I knew exactly where everything was, then they went and moved EVERYTHING. It didn't improve anything, just annoyed the hell out of me.

I don't have a problem with it if they somehow IMPROVE it. i.e. The Future Shop nearby recently moved their DVDs over a bit, (Still the same general location), made more space for them, and catagorized them by genre, as opposed to the old total alphabetical listings. The genre listings are a great improvement, especially with the amount of discs they carry. I don't miss the old one at all.

Only, when they do it for the sheer heck of it, I get pissed!

ToddMS

Stunt Coordinator
I don't know if any of you have ever been to the bookstore at Notre Dame, but they change the floorplan and layout of the second floor about once a week. I am not kidding. Everytime I go to the bookstore I have to re-find everything. One day there will be childrens clothes,next day academic books, next week it is non-fiction, then knick-knacks..it really is unbelievable how quickly they change it around...

Todd

Bill Eberhardt

Stunt Coordinator
Toys R Us also changed recently. Talk about misuse of space. They have isles going every which way now, making it claustrophic. They severely cut down their electronics department too.

It really irks me when stores do this, especially when the store was fine and more efficient before. I don't get it when they try to make the store more modern or futuristic looking. Is it so they attract more customers? I guess I just hate change.
I despise stores that don't have through aisles and make me zig zag all over the place to get to where I want to be. It makes me feel like I'm being manipulated and I sense that anything I buy in a store like that will be at least 50% more expensive than anywhere else.

Users who are viewing this thread