What's new

I hate Waterbugs!! (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I also don't kill Butterfly's, forgot about those, so that's 5.

It's open season on all others, though, but after seeing that pic of a Wooley Bear, i'd leave them alone, too.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I don't remember what it was, but there was some creature talked about on the Discovery channel or one of those that actually mimics a firefly to lure them in and kill them. If we could distinguish them ourselves, we could: a) save a life; b) have our childlike phosphorous fun again! :)

It's something along these lines, though I haven't read the entire article yet:

http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releas...FLM-260897.php

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Have you guy's done this, take and rip the glowing part off of a firefly and then stick it on your finger like a ring?

I never have but my cousin, who's female, used to and the glowing part remained alight for a long time after being torn off.

Humans are cruel lol.

mylan

Screenwriter
Yes, i've done it as a kid, it is pretty cool. We used to cut vent holes in a mason jar and catch as many "lightning bugs" as we could and use them for a night light.

Mike Williams

Screenwriter
Ahhhh, the praying mantis, the kewlest insect God ever created. I've always been fascinated with them, and would never think to kill one. I also really like "Walking sticks," but I can only remember ever seeing one or two in my life. Don't see praying mantises very often either.

WON'T KILL LIST: (Subject to Revision)
Praying Mantis
Walking Stick
Ladybug
Grasshopper
Roly Poly
fuzzy caterpillars
Butterflies
Dragonflies
Cicadas

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
Dude, I think I have everyone beat. The waterbugs in Long Beach are like mutant or something and they survived the tenting of our building. I've sealed everything there is to seal. They have to be coming up the drain. Either that or they are teleporting in from someplace. I'm not much for killing stuff but when you walk in to piss at 2:00 A.M. and you see 'em scurry; my first reaction is to Riverdance on the suckers

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Anyone ever get these?

The worst part about them is that when you kill 'em, they stink up a three room radius.

Only had an incident or two with water bugs (scary mother fuckers!). Never had a roach problem, even in my hole of an apartment in Fenway. Had a rat problem, but no roaches.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

Yep, that's a stink bug, once in a great while i'll see one crawling up a drape or something. They are ugly, but they're also the most non-aggressive slow-as-she-goes bugs i've ever seen lol. Best way to kill them is with RAID so you don't get the smell.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Consider yourself lucky. NYC is home to some of the biggest waterbugs I've ever seen. These things are the size of Buicks.

I think they are genetically engineered.

--
H

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks