What's new

I hate Waterbugs!! (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Based on your experience, Greg, I ordered a Papa John's online this afternoon, it was cool but it was sort of a hassle.

I did like the 'well done' option, too, it made me wonder why they don't ask that on the phone? The pizza was great that way, I had the 'Kong-size special'.

I think i'll just stick to the good ol' telephone for ordering pizza, though.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Sorry to hear that. :frowning: It was easy for me. Maybe because I just paid with cash when the guy got here?

And, yeah: this is officially a bizarre thread now. Bugs to pizza.

Kevin T

Screenwriter
back to the topic, i found this pic:

roach2.jpg

but this one is better:
waterbug03.jpg

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Isn't Waterbug one of the toppings you can get at Papa Johns?

Ahh, nothing like the merging of two different threads into one! :)

Jay

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
I know I said no pix, but what the hey, I am exorcising my demons. This is what your run of the mill water bug looks like. The ones I've encountered anyway:

But every so often, you will see one that is far bigger, uglier, with an ungodly texture and blacker than night.

I saw a cats and dogs eat these things, to my absolute horror. I will never understand people who let their pets lick their faces.

--
H

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
Waterbugs --- yyeecchhhh!!!!!!! I know exactly what you're talking about, and I'm referring to those black as night ones like in the top pic!!!

When I was a kid I'd be over at my grandmother's house. Somehow or other, occasionally there'd be one or two in the kitchen at night. I'd turn on the light to get a drink or something, and WHAM!! -- I'd get the ever-lovin' sh*t scared out of me as I'd see the damn thing(s) scattering about. They are the absolute WORST!!

One night I was lying upstairs watching TV at night on the rug -- again in the dark -- and I felt something crawling on my arm. You guessed it -- big black waterbug.... I screamed bloody murder and I'll never forget it. I don't know where these things came from or how; it wasn't like the house was dirty or littered with food or anything!

MWUUHAHAHAHAHA!!!! One of the little pleasures of life!!!

StephenA

Screenwriter
This thread reminds me of when I used to go to the house my grandmother owned in Florida. The place was filled with palmetto bugs because it wasn't in much. At night I used to watch them crawl up the wall and fall off, and one time when I went to take a bath a bunch of them came up from the drain.

Mike Williams

Screenwriter
The second picture was a cicada, which many people commonly mistake as a locust, even though locusts are practically identical to grasshoppers, but much larger. Cicadas are the things that always leave their brown empty shells stuck to trees. You often see the shells, and more rarely the actual insects themselves.

I used to live in Fort Worth, where there is an overabundance of waterbugs in the summertime. One day I was walking down the sidewalk of the Air Force base where I was stationed and a waterbug was walking toward me. Well, they disgust me so bad, I can't even bring myself to step on them and the sound of the crunch just grosses me out. So I started walking the other way, away from him. I'M NOT LYING! The thing started walking FASTER as I walked away, and eventually, I was literally RUNNING away from an insect. Another day, there was one on the wall of the dayroom of our dormitory. I took my boot off and was actually going to smash this one. As I was just about to crush him with my boot, he FLEW right at me. I didn't know they could fly. OMG!!! I ran out of that room like a little bitch. LOL!!!

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
There's was the annual Cicada invasion in my area a couple years ago, not the usual yearly ones, but the ones that hybernate for like 15 years or whatever,

Funny enough, though, I never saw a single one...thank Christ!!!

Mike, you've got it bad, dude, i've never ran from a bug, even though I despise them.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
This has been the subject of derision among friends for as long as I can remember. I am a pretty imposing fellow, I can imagine it must have been a peculiar sight :angry:.

--
H

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg

:frowning: :frowning:

This thread makes me feel stupid. I've thought those were locusts all my life. So, it's cicadas that make that cool sound in the summertime?

I've seen the insect itself plenty, primarily because my cat's a good hunter and she has a cicada tooth.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Not to make you feel worse, but those would be Crickets.

Locusts are the ones which gather in these enormous swarm and eat all green vegs in sight where they land, in places like Africa.

Sorry :D

--
H

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks