I hate to beat a dead horse, but is GTA3 coming to XBOX or not?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by walter wagers, May 4, 2002.

Tags:
  1. walter wagers

I really hate to bring up the most redundant subject on the internet concerning the XBOX, but does anyone here have any idea at all whether or not this game is coming out for it? I've never played this game, and have read all sorts of hype proclaiming it to be the greatest thing since sliced bread. From what I understand, it was at one time announced, but then "put on hiatus" or some such. So does Sony have Rockstar's d**k in their back pocket and are holding it up or causing it to be canned altogether? This is definitely a system seller for PS2, and a major roadblock for the XBOX's chances at competing with Sony. I wish Rockstar would come correct with us, and stop leaving XBOX owners twisting in the wind. I ask you guys because every other forum this question is asked on quickly degenrates into a fanboy/troll-fest.

2. Calvin Watts III

Calvin Watts III Supporting Actor

IMHO, if you don't hear anything about this either before or by E3, that it's dead in the water.

Calvin

3. Scott Van Dyke

Scott Van Dyke Supporting Actor

Walter,

I hear you brother. I have created/posted to many threads on this very topic. I suggest you definitely play GTA3. It is sooooooooooo awesome. I also suggest you learn the cheats for this game.

Like Calvin said: I am awaiting response at E3 later this month. If nothing is said, I will be investing in a PS2 later this year....(Unfortunately) Just for this game.

If you have a PC, you should be able to pick up a great technically advanced copy later this month.

Hope my camaraderie helps!

P.S. Cal- Truly sorry about your loved one. I am definetly a cat person myself. Truly touching thread in "After hours"

4. walter wagers

Scott, I feel your pain dude. If Rockstar isn't going to release this on the 'box, I just wish they'd flat out say so. That way we could get over the agonizing anticipation and move on. I don't have a computer at home, because I work on one frequently at work, and after a while they lose some of their charm. But I'll buy one for home sometime soon, and if I have no other choice, I'll buy GTA3 for it. I have nothing against the PS2, but GTA3 is the only game available for it now that interest me.

5. Derrik Draven

Derrik Draven Supporting Actor

Chris
    Personally, I've given up on this one coming to The Box. As long as the sequel, GTA4, comes to The Box, I'll be a happy camper.

6. Jeremy Illingworth

Jeremy Illingworth Supporting Actor

You should play it because it is as good as all the hype. A lot of people want it on the Xbox; the GTA3 for Xbox message board is on the top ten at Gamefaqs.com's Xbox section and its not even confirmed.

jeremy

7. Chris Bardon

Chris Bardon Cinematographer

I think that the definitive word for this is going to be at E3. With the number of presentations, announcements and interviews that come out of the show, I'm sure that SOMEONE is going to ask the question, and I'm sure that there's going to be an answer either way. At this point, I don't even know if I care what the answer is, I just want Rockstar and DMA to either confirm or deny that the game is coming out and quit being so quiet about it.

8. Scott Van Dyke

Scott Van Dyke Supporting Actor

Revived from the dead.

Anyway. I finally got a PS2 to complement my Xbox. Just picked up a copy of GTA3 for $19.99 brand new.

There is truth to the phrase: All good things come to those who wait. I'm having a blast with this game. Of couse I've played it before, along with GTAVC, but I'm happy to finally own it. I love the new $20 price tag, too! I wonder how ling before VC comes down to $20.

I demonstrated most of the game to my Dad, who is 52, and he just loved it.

Derrik, Chris, Walter, do any of you own it now, too?

9. Lee M T

Lee M T Second Unit

Well, there is a rumor floating around now that GTA in some form or another will be coming to the Xbox and GameCube later on down the road. If they will be ports or an all new one is uncertain. You won't see these games for any other console until after October 2004 though because that is when Sony's contract will end with Rockstar.

10. Tony-B

Tony-B Producer

I bet Sony will try to make Rockstar re-new the contract.

11. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

GTA 3 and Vice City are most likely coming to XB in late 2004 when the contract expires.

12. Scott_lb

Scott_lb Supporting Actor

Does anyone know if the PC versions of GTA III and Vice City have superior graphics than the PS2 versions? I'd like to pick up both of them, however, I'd have to use the computer at my parent's house (mine is too old). My other alternative is to borrow my buddy's PS2, although I'd prefer the technically superior experience of the two.

Thanks!

13. Jeff_Standley

Jeff_Standley Supporting Actor

Gamespot had an annpuncement that they both were coming in 2004 sometime.

14. Travis Olson

Travis Olson Supporting Actor

Travis Olson

15. BrianB

BrianB Producer

16. Lee M T

Lee M T Second Unit

Here's the latest from Gamers.com.

17. ChrisV

ChrisV Second Unit

18. Chris Bardon

Chris Bardon Cinematographer

I wouldn't hold my breath on this one. Plus, it'd have to be something more than just the original game to convince me to buy the Xbox version. Maybe if it was GTA3 + Vice + Extra content, but otherwise I don't think it would pay off.

19. Keith Frederick

Keith Frederick Stunt Coordinator

I have never played the series. If it comes out on the box, it is for people like me. I don't think publishers ever think that their customers will buy the game twice, at least, they don't count on it.

20. Jeff_Standley

Jeff_Standley Supporting Actor