What's new

I hate this site (1 Viewer)

BryanZ

Screenwriter
James,
If you had told me 2 1/2 years ago when I started out on the road of this addiction that I would have spent $4,000 on this hobby I would have told you that you were crazy. Well, as it turns out I am!
The best piece of advice I can give you is to have a clear upgrade path. In other words, if you start out with the Panasonic RV-31 dvd player and the Kenwood HTB-504, the clear upgrade would be to swap out the sub for either the Adire audio Rava or HSU VTF-2 (SVS 25-31CS if you have something to power it with). Next up is the mains, followed by the receiver, then the surrounds, dvd player, etc.
Assuming you have a $2K budget to work with initially, I'd go with:
Adire Audio Rava - $400
nOrh 4.0 package - $850
Panasonic RV-31 - $180
Denon AVR-2802 - $550
The lions share of the budget initially should be spent on speakers as they will remain in your system for years to come, possibly long after the electronics have all been replaced.
Start out with quality speakers and a quality sub. This way when you upgrade the electronics you should be able to notice a difference.
One last thing: There is no known cure for upgraditis. Your only hope is to remain broke. (Just kidding - :) Well, not really ;))

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks