What's new

I Hate September! (1 Viewer)

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
I've never really liked September, but I had major abdominal surgery two years ago this week. I still remember not being able to move or to eat solid foods for six weeks. I don't know, something about the month depresses me. The days start to grow shorter. When you look outside, the sun is shining on turning leaves, but it is getting cold. My least favorite month by far.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
September is okay. October is my favorite though. July, now that's the one I dislike.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I love fall...Give me a cool autumn day and I am happy. October can't come quick enough. :D

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I love September. The weather is perfect in this area, green fees at the local golf courses get cheaper, and football starts. The downside is that winter (and no more golf) is just around the corner.

Dave Gorman

Supporting Actor
I wouldn't mind fall if it wasn't followed by what seems like 17 years of pure hell. Already I'm ready for summer...

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Agreed :D

I have mixed feelings about the this time of year, and fall in general. Yes, it's purty, romantic, whatever, but it's also the precursor to the evil that is winter. You can already smell it in the air, the characteristic dry flavor of months to come, the odd angle of the sunlight (as Tolkien would say, a cold light that illuminates nothing).

You know why else september sucks? Back to school :thumbsdown:.

--
H

Colton

Supporting Actor
I'm a huge fan of autumn! Give me the cool brisk breezes and overcast days. Summer has definately overstayed its welcome.

- Colton

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
I love September. Why? Because it means summer is almost over. I really dislike summer. It's hot, kids are out of school and, it's hot.

I rank my seasons as such.

#1 Winter
#2 Fall
#3 Spring
#4 Summer

Living by the coast I get this even during summer but the afternoons get warmer which I don't like. This past weekend it peaked at 72 or so, near perfect but a bit colder would have been preferred.

But, summer is nearly over and the next 8 months or so will be cool to cold.

Ken Chui

Supporting Actor
If anyone knows of a locale with 60°F weather year-round and employment opportunities abound, please send me a PM. ;)

(San Francisco would be perfect except for the cost of living and its proximity to the San Andreas Fault)

Julian Reville

Screenwriter

Michigan, huh? I can understand why you wouldn't golf in December. :)

Here the municipal course is open every day except Christmas and New Years.

August is the one month I usually don't play golf; I almost had a heat stroke the last time I tried it.

I walked 9 holes yesterday after work: started at 6:15 and finished at 8:00. On the last hole I could have used a flashlight.

I really need to start closing up work earlier, or close on Wednesday or Thursday afternoon to get in a full 18. :)

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
I like September. Things are cooling off (I don't like hot weather), and it's not the depths of winter yet.

Ravi K

Supporting Actor
September's alright, though in Dallas it is still pretty hot. But I'll take the heat over the cold.

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell

Mine is the exact opposite. I hate cold weather. I'd rather have sweltering heat than cold, wind and bone dry air.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield

I actually got to play in early November last year, but I'm usually done playing golf up here in mid-October. :frowning: I usually get away to our condo in SC sometime in February for a long weekend golf fix to tide me over 'til spring. Otherwise, winter golf consists only of a weekly trip to the local golf dome indoor driving range.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
I always tend to travel most with my buds in the summer. Can barely wait for the next one. :)

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
I think a lot of it has to do with my surgery a couple of years ago...it left a bad taste in my mouth for this time of year. I don't like shorter days...it depresses me. I guess by October, I am used to them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks